Bob...my new best bud.

• Thread starter davidt33
  • 2 comments
Trinidad and Tobago
Port of Spain
davidtsmith333
Bob has become my new best bud.

Ever since I started back Gran Turismo about a month ago (after not having played for over 8 years back when I had I think it was the ps2 with the earlier version of GT at that time) I've been playing GT6 every day since for many many hours each day and had been playing only on A-Spec. Have to admit although I saw the B-Spec I wasn't familiar with it or Bob or how to use them so it was always racing on A-Spec. That is up until about 2-3 days ago from having read related posts on this forum I decided to investigate and give Bob a go and I must say Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Since hiring Bob he has certainly earned his pay and got me through some rough patches. Mind you I still race otherwise but having Bob to me is the best of both worlds and now my earnings have increased immensely. I still am actively involved in his racing...pre-planning, choosing an appropriate car with tuning etc, giving him instructions along the way and so forth.

What I enjoy with the B-Spec racing option and Bob is that it gives me a chance to sit back and chill for a bit in between the hard racing myself including the pressure/stress that comes with some of the races not forgetting the cramped fingers and sore left thumb that now has a callous from hours of racing. So yes, he's proven to be a great asset and I do enjoy seeing and participating in Bob's races thus far.

I'm at the end of International A and have yet to complete the Super licence tests having passed with some effort 2 of the 5 tests to go to the next and last level. Have to admit the other three tests are proving to be very difficult and I'm not a fan of the unforgiving time trials and start overs of such. I'll give it a go again though and hope for some luck. If or when I do pass the Super licence that will take me to those long endurance races ya'll have been talking about and Bob no doubt will be earning his pay re the 24 hour nurb and such.

Long live Bob, my new best bud.

I bought lots of new cars for Hotchkiss (my Bob's name) but I stored them away in the Stockyard. I intend to use him soon in the coming B-Spec Championships. ;)
I don't need him to grind anymore, but at times if I want to watch a race I'll send him out to battle on his own and watch the fun. He rarely loses - though I harass him sometimes by giving him a lower powered car - or a car with an outrageous tune to see what he does.
Bob cane too late for me to use him in grinding, but for new players he must be a great asset in helping with the car collecting.

Now that is true I've Ben using "bob" more in GT 6 than ever either lack of time to sit in front of my tv or just racing to build capital. Of course in the beginning I still had to stay close to my controller to account for his rookie mistakes but he has developed fairly well, now when ever I have something else to do or just feel like watching a good race I let him take the wheel, also he's good for making money. Sorry for the long winded post but I've been without GT Planet for a while so it's good to be back

Last edited:
Back