Bob Scared of High Speed in X1 (Downforce?)

  • Thread starter Thread starter entropy731
  • 22 comments
  • 2,696 views
Messages
346
Messages
entropy_fx / gtclone731
What downforce settings do you use for your X1 in B-spec?

Not looking for a tune, just downforce. Bob seems to be scared to go too fast, he starts feathering the throttle at around 230mph.

Maybe this is a downforce issue.
 
It really depends on the skill of your driver.

My drivers all reach around 420 Km/h (260mph) using 65/85 as the downforce.
 
I'm using 28, what do you have?
 
Right now they are 40/38/39/38. When I got my X2010, I believe the lowest was around 36-ish.
 
It seems he also does not understand the X1s grip, he just uses it like a quickly accelerating normal car.

Like he just went through the carrousel at 40mph while I was spamming Pace Up.

I think the whole point of the X1 is the 2j x 1000 grip, Bob just doesn't get it...
 
My driver is Level 17 and min downforce front and rear and he takes the big corner on High Speed Ring at 440+ KM/HR which is 270 or so.
 
I could even take a camera phone pic if you dont beleive me. He does laps in about 40 seconds or so.

EDIT: He literally drives as crazy fast as the video of Gold on Suzuka S. Vettel Challenge, tires smoking every corner.
 
Yeah, but some corners have a maximum speed that they can be taken. I mean, I had to slow down to about 60 to navigate the Casio Triangle on Suzuka even with the X1. You can't just gun the throttle and take every corner at 200mph.

And I noticed that if put the downforce to max, Bob drives a lot slower. But then again, max downforce for the car is 150/200 pounds. All that would do is make the car turn WAY faster, but it would give it a lower top speed because, you're essentially adding 200 pounds to the car.
 
The downforce isnt in "pounds" and yes but he takes the corner at full speed. He takes the two middle corners at speeds upwards of 250 km/hr and smokes the tires every corner so I dont see how he isnt going as fast as he possibly can.

Im gonna go out on a limb here and just like the guy whos bob wouldnt go fast around indy, your tires probably switched themselves to non-racing-soft on you.
 
Yeah, but some corners have a maximum speed that they can be taken. I mean, I had to slow down to about 60 to navigate the Casio Triangle on Suzuka even with the X1. You can't just gun the throttle and take every corner at 200mph.

And I noticed that if put the downforce to max, Bob drives a lot slower. But then again, max downforce for the car is 150/200 pounds. All that would do is make the car turn WAY faster, but it would give it a lower top speed because, you're essentially adding 200 pounds to the car.

See thats the thing, my bob's love max downforce on ALL other cars. And he does not understand that this thing has "extra" downforce to facilitate unreal g's, which pretty much negates the point of the X1.

Meh... I'll give bob a min downforce setup and see what he does.
 
50/50 downforce and 450-460kmh (x1 had lost power) would say no downforce is a bit faster
 
It's your driver's Level. For some reason, the higher level your Bob, the more chicken he become. A Level 0 Bob will go flat out in 7th gear in the X1 on Indy oval while a Level 40 Bob will only reach 6th gear. Try it and you'll see.
 
HN7
It's your driver's Level. For some reason, the higher level your Bob, the more chicken he become. A Level 0 Bob will go flat out in 7th gear in the X1 on Indy oval while a Level 40 Bob will only reach 6th gear. Try it and you'll see.

Maybe I'll keep the geezer bob's for technical stuff and hire two frequently changing young bulls for my X1 grinding.
 
Bob Scared of High Speed in X1 (Downforce?)

I haven't quite got there yet, but what doesn't scare Bob? He sees a banked bend with a radius of a small city, wets himself, and slashes his speed in half while low-level AI blows his doors off and laughs on their way by. He sees the start/finish line at Daytona and is stricken with terror such that he brakes. He tailgates a car for like five miles until the guy pulls over and waves him by because he's absolutely terrified to pass unless it's absolutely ideal. The thought of forcing a position makes him cringe. I imagine he would need to wear Depends when climbing into the X2010, too.

On a side note..., is that the Audi R18 as your avatar? I'd like to see that as some DLC at some point.
 
Your bobs too low. Mine is 38 and just floors it down mulsanne. He once hit 308 (limited) on indy.
 
HN7
It's your driver's Level. For some reason, the higher level your Bob, the more chicken he become. A Level 0 Bob will go flat out in 7th gear in the X1 on Indy oval while a Level 40 Bob will only reach 6th gear. Try it and you'll see.

When I last checked my Bob (level 38) was pushing 220 mph on Le Mans 24h, in the dark, while raining, with no headlights.

Bob would slap me in the face if I called him chicken.
 
My guys (levels 31-34) rarely get the X2010 much over 265 mph. Even though I can get it up to 295 on the same stretch of road.
 
I haven't quite got there yet, but what doesn't scare Bob? He sees a banked bend with a radius of a small city, wets himself, and slashes his speed in half while low-level AI blows his doors off and laughs on their way by. He sees the start/finish line at Daytona and is stricken with terror such that he brakes. He tailgates a car for like five miles until the guy pulls over and waves him by because he's absolutely terrified to pass unless it's absolutely ideal. The thought of forcing a position makes him cringe. I imagine he would need to wear Depends when climbing into the X2010, too.

On a side note..., is that the Audi R18 as your avatar? I'd like to see that as some DLC at some point.

Ya, Bob has "streaks" and I'm not talking about win streaks, lol.

Yes, Sony has a potential DLC golden goose cash cow on their hands...
 
F18
When I last checked my Bob (level 38) was pushing 220 mph on Le Mans 24h, in the dark, while raining, with no headlights.

Bob would slap me in the face if I called him chicken.

Increase your FGT top speed to 240, put your Level 38 in and notice the top speed. Now put a Level 0 in and you'll see the difference.
 
Mine always drive quickly. Doing Le Mans 24hr he would regularly hit 260+ on all straights. I had a lvl 0, lvl 34, lvl 33 driver all were similar.
 
HN7
Increase your FGT top speed to 240, put your Level 38 in and notice the top speed. Now put a Level 0 in and you'll see the difference.

Yes you and a previous poster are correct. In conclusion: use low level Bobs in X1s.

Thanks.
 
Back