Bob's Depressed!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sausage
  • 11 comments
  • 1,087 views
Messages
20
Hi guys, I've actually been a member here for yonks but can't remember when I last posted...back in GT3 days I guess...anyway, hi!

I've been rummaging around this site for a few weeks. Incredible how almost every question I could dream up has already been answered a million times. But there's one thing I can't find the answer to - if it's there and I missed it, please don't flame me!

Basically I've been doing the DTM series to earn cash, and Bob's won many times in a row. I've been waving him off in his CLK DTM car, set at pace 4/overtake, and ignoring him for the rest of the race. Time after time he would come 3rd at Paris, 2nd at Midfield, and win the rest. Another thick wad of Cr, which I'd snatch cruelly out of Bob's sweaty hand and walk off.

But I think Bob's had enough, and he's failed to win the series about 5 times in a row now. I've been changing the oil for him, and even refreshed rigidity, but no joy.

Any B-Spec driver psychoanalysts out there that can help me?
 
Put him in another car (like the Audi A4 DTM) and see if the problems still occur.
If it doesn´t, I bet your CLK DTM simply is "shot", so to speak, and you need a new one. Easy enough, just do "legends of the silver arrow" at your local Merc dealership!
 
Are you sure you've been using the exact same pace again?

I've done it like a zillion times now and I win every race, also, be sure to have the "Overtaking" option on, I forget it every now and then 👍
 
The Opel Astra is another great choice for that championship. He won every DTM in it. Go try it. :)
 
try the route i used, have 2 clk DTM's and when one gets worn out use the other or try retuning the car to make it a little faster cause on mine i had mine set at 20/40 ( i think) and it was a bullet. every race was history along with my 5 CLK GTR's
 
Thanks for the feedback everyone.

I'm surprised if the car's shot cos we're only talking about 2000 miles on the clock, and I refreshed the rigidity? I'm sure I was on pace 4 and overtake - I've been doing it the same without thinking for ages, and I did it very carefully a few times after it started going wrong. It seems to me like the AI changed in response to me winning a few times, but I didn't think that happened? Before, 2 or 3 different cars shared the points, but now the other CLK is always 1st or 2nd.

Only thing I haven't tried is another DTM car...

I've kind of solved the problem by sticking stage 3 turbo on (the car was stock before). But it's still weird...
 
Mine had this problem but a Chassis refresh cured it. ( If you did Rigidity first, you need a new car).
 
The different between the 'Chassis Rigidity Refresher Plan' and the 'Increase Rigidity' option is very important here.

The Refresher Plan will restore your car's chassis to how it was when the car was new. This is what you want if your chassis has become too distorted and worn by a few thousand miles' hard driving, and it will restore performance.

The option to Increase Rigidity will 'lock' the car's chassis as it is, and you will be unable to undo it. If you apply this to a car with a distorted chassis, no amount of Refresher Plans will restore it to its previous condition. This option should only ever be used immediately after the Rigidity Refresher Plan, to ensure that the chassis is in perfect condition when you lock it 'as is'.

I hope this clears up the possible confusion between these two operations.

2000 miles doesn't sound like enough to have significantly damaged the engine, so an oil change should sort out the engine's power.

The AI doesn't get any better - in fact, Bob does improve, so if anything the race should become easier. Try it out with another new CLK, in the same tune with the same setup that kept winning before. This should solve the problem, but if it doesn't... You're into a new area we haven't seen before :)

DE
 
I definitely bought the refesher plan, and have NOT bought the "increase rigidity" thing. I'll go get a new prize car, test it out and report back when I get a chance.
 
In that case, I'm awaiting a confusing result :)

I'll have to have a think as to why it stopped working in the first place... Let us know how your test goes 👍

DE
 
I have to say I have found my B-spec driver Bob does struggle after long stints. It could be a similar sort of problem. On the SartheII 24 (no chicanes) after about 4 hours of Bob powering past his opponents + 3laps ahead, he suddenly developed a new love for gravel and proceeded to home in on any nearby gravel traps and even resorted to crashing on the Mulsanne strait, twice per lap and for no apparent reason I check all my B-spec setting to check for any reasons but I couldn't find any. Things weren't looking good. After two laps of Bob had put me into 3rd place, I took decisive action, although Bobs tyres were a mild shade of green/yellow, I forced him into the pits. I thought he could do with a break. I did four pit stints, to win back the lead before deciding to give Bob a second chance. The moment he left the pits he proceeded to extend the lead between 2nd place so I left Bob to Win the race which he was, until 6 hours from the end of the race, when a very similar thing happened. I did a few A-spec stints, sent Bob back out and before I knew it There was a rather Expensive Bentley sat in my Garage.

Things turned out alright in the end however it did have me wondering about Bob. I will try not to sound to conspiratorial when I say this but it seemed to me that PD may have made Bob unreliable after 'Overuse' perhaps to prevent people from just trying to B-spec the whole game, or then again it could just be a glitch.

Has anybody else found that Bob randomly decides crash all the time after long periods of racing. It could be the same thing that is happening to Sausage
 
Back