bokitrax - Watkins Glen, Pueblo, & Flyin Miata home track

• Thread starter bokimoto
  • 8 comments
United States
coloraudi
motorotoloco
i-Gqt98PR.gif

To start, after a couple days, i have just over 25 tracks uploaded

Basically just driveable shells for now, only Mid-Ohio, Homestead-Miami, Pueblo and Grand Junction i think, have kerbs at this point, and now that my initial rush has mellowed, i will start to flesh all the tracks out, adding features and refing the line.

My version numbering system will reflect level of development,
to give you an idea of what to expect:

Version 1.x = track in development phase
> v1.0 = driveable circuit shell, first iteration
> v1.1 = kerbs added
> v1.2 = banking and landmarks added
> etc
Version 2.x = library track, a very presentable and refined version, open to tweaks
Version 3 = i'm happy with it, no changes are expected

My aim is to make these replicas as realistic as i can, and though lacking elevation and other unique features, hopefully they can serve for practice, at least learning layout, ... but primarily and hopefully they'll be fun.

There are some real limitations to this first version of the software, granted.
The mandated 600m length of the start/finish straight, and the minimum radius of turn versus track width, both require some compromises to the actual circuit on many tracks. Where it was unpossible to follow the track exactly, i have made choices that in my judgement, best replicate the line and the driving dynamics in each case. As i continue development, the notes in each track file will explain those differences and the thinking behind my solutions

Always open to constructive feedback, or questions, so please gimme it
Also, the 'like' button is on the page where you download the author's track, and how do you know if you like it or not at that point?
i-mNQ3GJN.gif

Seems like after downloading and leaving, not many will revisit that download page, just to click like, ... so maybe i could ask for some likes ... maybe 'like' the fact that i put in some effort ... or if you simply go back after driving it when you're thinking about it, and like the track so more folks see it and get a chance to drive it, and i'll know which tracks deserve more attention in refining, and i'll get more motivated to do lots of quality race tracks ... and actual words as +/- feedback is even better than likes ... thanks, boki

Summit Point, WV
Mid-Ohio, OH
VIR Virginia Intl Raceway, VA
Homestead Miami Speedway, FL
Sebring Intl Raceway, FL
Miller Motorsports Park, UT
Road Atlanta, GA
Sochi Autodrom, soviet he's a soviet
Watkins Glen, NY
Spring Mountain, NV
Reno-Fernley Raceway,NV
Thunderhill Raceway, CA
Hallett Motor Racing Circuit, OK
Grand Junction (Howdy, Flyin' Miata!), CO
Pueblo Motorsports Park, CO
Second Creek Raceway, CO
High Plains Raceway CO
Buttonwillow, CA
COTA, TX
Fontana Roval, CA
Pikes Peak Intl Raceway Roval, CO

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/user/#!/friend/motorotoloco/course/

esses%20wm-L.jpg

Last edited:
I like that you tried to do GJMS, and since I am from there I thought about it as well, but you can't make it a faithful replica so it's not even worth it for me. I see yours is 3x the size it should be, I guess we can thank PD for the 600m pit straight. :indiff:

granted .... the limitations of this first version are plentiful, the 600m pit straight is the worst of them,
but the overall tool is amazing

some compromises made are a bit of a stretch, but i'd rather scope it out and then trash the track file later, than to never have gone through the motions

one thing i intend to do, now that these are 'made', is to flesh them out, refine, and also write some notes with each track, explaining the differences to their real circuits, my choices made and reasoning

try GJ in an LMP car, and it will 'feel smaller' :)

thank you for the feedback, man
btw, what direction is normally run there?

Last edited:
Back