Bonus cars playable in career mode?

• Thread starter Majarvis
  • 23 comments

Majarvis

(Banned)
Was it ever confirmed if the DLC pre-order/CE Edition cars will be usable right away in career mode, and not just arcade?

I haven't seen any mention if they will only be limited to arcade mode, or if you'll be able to use them in career mode.

Cheers.

I don't see why not, but with the stupid ass performance points, you probably can't use them in the easy races.

This would be the pivot point of buying/not buying if I was going for the limited edition versions. If I did opt for it I know I would regret it after, and the bits that come with it would only clog up my place.

I wont be purchasing any downloadable content either as I don't believe in it.

even if they are usable, i don't think I like the idea of starting the career with a McLaren F1, even if it is a spiffy black colour.

Starting from scratch and moving on from there have always been the fun part of GT... I think

even if they are usable, i don't think I like the idea of starting the career with a McLaren F1, even if it is a spiffy black colour.

Starting from scratch and moving on from there have always been the fun part of GT... I think

👍
Yeah.Like in RPG.When you start with full equipment there's no point in game at all.

I really hope that they are available for use in career mode!

Even if I'm not allowed to use them for a while due to the leveling up thing, that's fine. I want them in my garage to use whenever I'm eligible to use them in career. I mean, those are cars that I could use in career down the line that I wouldn't have to buy or spend credits on tuning up.

Big dissappointment if we can't.

I really hope that they are usable in career mode as well. While I agree that the fun part of GT has always been starting from scratch, it will still be nice to have these in the garage when you get to the point in the game when you can use them. If nothing else it just adds another car I can roll out to dominate some poor AI fools while I am trying to earn enough credits for those cars I REALLY want.

I actually hope they are either not in your starting garage and you have to buy them with in game credits or that they are not allowed to be used until you attain a certian level. Having these cars and being able to use them in the first few races would be very tempting and may sway me to save my money and use them in the races which for me would not be as much fun as struggling with a used MX 5 or something or that nature.

I agree, but there are probably restrictions on what you can enter in a race. Highly doubt we can use the McLaren F1 or NASCAR in the Sunday Cup. You could fit a Cappucino inside either if those cars engines, lol.

Was it ever confirmed if the DLC pre-order/CE Edition cars will be usable right away in career mode, and not just arcade?

I haven't seen any mention if they will only be limited to arcade mode, or if you'll be able to use them in career mode.

Cheers.

I'm not so sure if the Chrome cars/stealth cars are confirmed to be playable in GT Mode. We just have to wait for 10 days and see what happens aye? :)

If this is true, I'm starting to get disappointed. I noticed in the car list that theres 17 cars with RM beside them. Was talking to someone about it and he figured those were the only cars eligible for the Race Mod in GT Auto because they have identical counterparts without that RM in the name. If so, that's very disappointing too. Bring back a big feature that people loved, for less than 2% of the cars..............pathetic. Hope I'm wrong on this.

In fact, those 17 cars may convert to different body styles, thus have a different name after the race mod. Other cars may not change the look and maybe change the livery.

I agree, but there are probably restrictions on what you can enter in a race. Highly doubt we can use the McLaren F1 or NASCAR in the Sunday Cup. You could fit a Cappucino inside either if those cars engines, lol.

ah well.. fair point :)

If this is true, I'm starting to get disappointed. I noticed in the car list that theres 17 cars with RM beside them. Was talking to someone about it and he figured those were the only cars eligible for the Race Mod in GT Auto because they have identical counterparts without that RM in the name. If so, that's very disappointing too. Bring back a big feature that people loved, for less than 2% of the cars..............pathetic. Hope I'm wrong on this.

In fact, those 17 cars may convert to different body styles, thus have a different name after the race mod. Other cars may not change the look and maybe change the livery.

I really hope that isn't the case, I was looking forward to the return of RM, and if it can only be applied to 17 cars, PD might as well not have bothered...

I did see something on an ad somewhere about starting your career with one of these extra cars so that may mean that they will indeed be in your career garage from the begining but I really hope that is not the case. I would much rather be forced to use a low end car and work to earn something stronger wether it be by modding the first car or saving up for a better one. Having a beast like the F1 or the Nascar early on would make it way to easy.

Then again on GT4 it was possible to get the GTR pace car very early or the Caddy concept car. Either of which could smoke everything in any early race where they could be entered so I guess in a way it does not make much difference.

btw in previous versions the only restriction on the Sunday Cup race was which tires you could use. I find it unlikely that this will be different in GT5

Edit: I think if those cars are available in the begining then I will still use the MX5 route and use those cars only after I have taken the gold with my little pos starter car. After that then I may take the Nascar or F1 out in the same race just to earn additional credits for my next car.

I know I'm in the overwhelming minority here... but I think the 'Race Modification' should only be able to be performed on a model car that has had some kind of FIA approved (or National race series grade mod) on them...

So this way you turn a Z06 to a C6.R... (wheather or not you make the C6.R available to buy is an option the game makers can decide) but that change I think is rather a kewl unique feature... and somewhat realistic... albeit limited in most peoples eyes...

I hope we can use them in career mode, otherwise that's sad.
I don't think they'd be available straight away. Either they would be available to buy in the dealerships, or stored in the garage until you reach a certain level. Otherwise, it would be too easy to win early on. Sure, you could do the licences and unlock higher-order events and use the bonus cars there, but it would still be too easy to get lots of money fast.

I don't think they'd be available straight away. Either they would be available to buy in the dealerships, or stored in the garage until you reach a certain level. Otherwise, it would be too easy to win early on. Sure, you could do the licences and unlock higher-order events and use the bonus cars there, but it would still be too easy to get lots of money fast.

I really don't think PD would give out DLC that suddenly gets locked away. Sorry, not going to happen.

As said earlier.

It happens with a lot of games and their preorder/limited edition content, I don't really see GT5 being any different. They probably assume the gamers are smart enough to know whether or not they want to use the crutch.

I really don't think PD would give out DLC that suddenly gets locked away. Sorry, not going to happen.
It would be available immediately in arcade, but you'd have to work towards it in career mode. Otherwise, the game would just be unbalanced. And having the bonus DLC locked away until you've earned it in the game is more than not having bonus DLC at all.

Them CRHOME LINE cars will come in useful in Aspec or Bspec stuff , The car list dosent grab me though , except for the Lamborghini Diablo GT2 Nomad from Gran Turismo 3 (NSTC)

Back