Boost Gauges

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
dawson864
Is it just me, or for a great many cars in the game, are the boost gauge readings just completely made up? Like, no basis in reality. And I don't mean too high, I mean too low. It's quite easy to fact check these. They're so far off.

Going further, why does the game not display a boost gauge for supercharged cars? Last time I checked they make boost. Of course, going back to point #1, it would probably be inaccurate.:lol:

Has anyone else observed this?

I love turbo cars so I do kinda pay attention. So you have any specific examples? Keep in mind, some boost gauges read bar vs psi vs kilopascal. Their boost readings may also be contingent on if you've installed aftermarket parts (turbo kits for sure).

I do agree about the superchargers.

Well I was just messing around a GTI last night and the boost displayed wasn't even close to 1 bar/14.3 psi (however you like to show it). Even after I modded it to get similar power levels to my GTI IRL (which just has a reflashed ECU - funny how GT doesn't allow such a basic mod) and even then the boost was less than what you'd get from a stock GTI. Reflashed my car pushes around 20-22psi.

Another one that comes to mind is any AMG with the 4.0 V8 TT. I think boost displayed is 4-8 psi. Horribly inaccurate.

Just seems like a very easy thing to properly register.

IRL the stock Raptor only goes 99 MPH. All stock F series trucks from that generation were limited to that speed. I may or may not have verified this in my own truck on a stretch of highway in the boonies...
My vehicle is an STX 4x4 and two years newer than the in game Raptor. It's a little unstable over 95 MPH.

(which just has a reflashed ECU - funny how GT doesn't allow such a basic mod)
That's the "Sports COmputer" in the tunnig shop. Maybe badly translated, in Japan when they talk about "sports computer" is just a chip or reflash. Anything more serius is a programmable stand alone ECU. There's nothing in between.

That's the "Sports COmputer" in the tunnig shop. Maybe badly translated, in Japan when they talk about "sports computer" is just a chip or reflash. Anything more serius is a programmable stand alone ECU. There's nothing in between.
True, but it doesn't take any sort of genius over at PD to know that certain modern cars (basically any modern German turbo car) get ridiculous real life gains from an ECU reflash. That's been part of modern car culture for almost a decade, and it should be recognized in the game.

I had to add a high rpm turbo, racing air filter, stand alone ECU, and race exhaust (around 25,000cr) to get my video game GTI's hp to the same level as the one I own in real life, which...only has a reflashed ECU that cost $800 (installed). And which, IRL, has a dyno verified 300hp and 350 lb-ft torque.

Also I double checked the Kpa units for the boost gauge, and the 1 and 2 definitely refer to 1 and 2 bar of pressure. Wildly inaccurate. Drove a 288 GTO last night and I can assure you that it makes more than 10 psi IRL. :lol:

Yeah, when it comes to extracting power out of engines by customizing them, this game is quite disappointing and underwhelming(as in many other areas too).

I mean just look at the mk4 Supra, the most we can get out of the 2jz in the game is about 800hp(if you don't use the ultra high Turbo, which I don't consider it because locking it behind RNG is ****ing asinine) when in real life you can get over 1000hp out of that engine easily.

Back