chuyler1
Premium
- 4,547

- New Hampshire
- chuyler1
Can someone explain to me a) how boost low really works and b) how I can tune a car to take advantage of it?
In a race lobby with a fixed power point restriction, boost seems to favor some cars over others. Has anyone else experienced this where you can run faster laps than someone in free run but when the race starts they can take the lead and you cannot catch up?
I had 2nd fastest time at Tokyo R246 last night, 450PP. My '02 Garaiya was super fast through the turns but I knew it would fall short on the straight. I figured boost would help a little bit and keep me close to the lead. I was wrong. I fell behind every lap. Even when I dropped to 5th place, cars were passing me on the straight like I was standing still. I usually got around a few on the back section but unless I had a 10 second gap entering the straight they'd catch up to me. Meanwhile I was making no headway on the leaders.
So at first I thought, boost is magnified by how far behind you are. If that's the case I should be able to pull on someone in front of me right? Wrong. If I entered the straight a few clicks behind someone they would pull away and I could not keep up.
So basically I concluded that despite the Garaiya being able to run the same lap times as the other cars (faster than 10 of the 12 cars on the track) once boost was on, it became a piece of junk. I'd like to know the boost formula so i can pick cars that will run quick with boost off as well as boost on.
Anyone else experienced this? Having boost on is great for keeping cars close...but when the same drivers win every time despite my being able to run quicker free run laps, it has me confused as to what I should look for in choosing and tuning a car for PP racing when boost is on.
In a race lobby with a fixed power point restriction, boost seems to favor some cars over others. Has anyone else experienced this where you can run faster laps than someone in free run but when the race starts they can take the lead and you cannot catch up?
I had 2nd fastest time at Tokyo R246 last night, 450PP. My '02 Garaiya was super fast through the turns but I knew it would fall short on the straight. I figured boost would help a little bit and keep me close to the lead. I was wrong. I fell behind every lap. Even when I dropped to 5th place, cars were passing me on the straight like I was standing still. I usually got around a few on the back section but unless I had a 10 second gap entering the straight they'd catch up to me. Meanwhile I was making no headway on the leaders.
So at first I thought, boost is magnified by how far behind you are. If that's the case I should be able to pull on someone in front of me right? Wrong. If I entered the straight a few clicks behind someone they would pull away and I could not keep up.
So basically I concluded that despite the Garaiya being able to run the same lap times as the other cars (faster than 10 of the 12 cars on the track) once boost was on, it became a piece of junk. I'd like to know the boost formula so i can pick cars that will run quick with boost off as well as boost on.
Anyone else experienced this? Having boost on is great for keeping cars close...but when the same drivers win every time despite my being able to run quicker free run laps, it has me confused as to what I should look for in choosing and tuning a car for PP racing when boost is on.