BOP corrections , not so complicate.

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 7 comments
Brazil
paracuru
praiano63
In a few hours i have made match the N400 BOP Sport soft tires of 7 very differents cars , respecting they behaviors, balancing speed, handling and grip for each one.
It´s really not dificult to do and i don´t undrstand why PD struggle with this till now.
Mister Kaz, i need a job.
In yellow the top N400 cars with the actual BOP . I use them as a reference.
The other 4 are corrected with a new power or/and weight ratio.
All those cars are laping suzuka in 2:15.xxx in my hands actually.

Bop corrections.jpg

Last edited:
You’re working with one user’s sample set of data, though.

Polyphony has the advantage of having access to tens of thousands of data points from every online BoP race ever run, by every user, of every skill tranche. That is the kind of sample size that you use to balance an online competitive game.

In a few hours i have made match the N400 BOP of 7 very differents cars , respecting they behaviors, balancing speed, handling and grip for each one.
It´s really not dificult to do and i don´t undrstand why PD struggle with this till now.
Mister Kaz, i need a job.
In yellow the top N400 cars with the actual BOP . I use them as a reference.
The other 4 are corrected with a new power or/and weight ratio.
All those cars are laping suzuka in 2:15.xxx in my hands actually.

View attachment 701808

Polyphony has the advantage of having access to tens of thousands of data points from every online BoP race ever run, by every user, of every skill tranche. That is the kind of sample size that you use to balance an online competitive game.
Understood, but it shouldn't be based on anything to do with user performance or skill. Is that what BOP does?

I think thousands of datas without knowing the driving level of any pilot don´t help at all. Regularity is the key for this.
One user is not a problem to match BOP. Severals aliens drivers would be better but only taking their results as valid datas individually . The most important is that you must be able to lap every laps in a half second for a 2 minutes lap for example. You need a good experience of the track to do this.

Might also need to consider different tracks, tires, fuel consumption, etc.

edit: I also think that one user may be better at driving a certain type of car like MR vs. FR, so I think you would have to factor in multiple users.

Might also need to consider different tracks, tires, fuel consumption, etc.

edit: I also think that one user may be better at driving a certain type of car like MR vs. FR, so I think you would have to factor in multiple users.
Yes, l think this is where it gets tricky, particularly different tracks.
If Praiano went to Tokyo East with those cars they may not match up quite so well.

Gr.3 at the moment is quite tight.
There's roughly only a 70BHP and 70kgs spread across the full 30 cars.
Gr.4 is a horror show though with a spread of 150BHP and 600kgs, across 4 different drivetrains.
Tough to match those up so they are even everywhere.

But @praiano63 is the man for the job. 👍

Back