BoP obsession

• Thread starter Phd77
  • 8 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I don't really understand this obsession with BoP, if they got the system perfect then it would mean all cars in that group are capable of doing the same lap time, or in other words a single make series , just that the cars look different, everyone knows single make racing is always the closest so why not just run more of those , the real problem is single races, as no matter what you do one car will always be quickest at that circuit, in a season this should balance out with a variety of circuits, hopefullly this will be the case in the FIA championship, the other issue is with cars like the '11 which as everyone said shouldn't be a group 4 , if you keep Nerfing it, it will end up being just to slow on the straight so you won't be able to use it anywhere. So what I'm actually saying is I would like more group 3/4 single make races as these can be good fun, all down to the driver so no excuses when your not competitive:)

I honestly thought before GTS that every single race in the Nations Cup would be One-Make, with only the Manu Cup featuring Group races. BoP is a nice thing to have, and a perfect BoP would certainly be a big bonus, but I agree that more One-Makes in Gr. 3 and 4 would be just a fun :)

I don't really understand this obsession with BoP, if they got the system perfect then it would mean all cars in that group are capable of doing the same lap time, or in other words a single make series , just that the cars look different, everyone knows single make racing is always the closest so why not just run more of those , the real problem is single races, as no matter what you do one car will always be quickest at that circuit, in a season this should balance out with a variety of circuits, hopefullly this will be the case in the FIA championship, the other issue is with cars like the '11 which as everyone said shouldn't be a group 4 , if you keep Nerfing it, it will end up being just to slow on the straight so you won't be able to use it anywhere. So what I'm actually saying is I would like more group 3/4 single make races as these can be good fun, all down to the driver so no excuses when your not competitive:)

BoP main purpose is to balance the cars as far as overall performance as compared to each other as in different models and brands of cars.

BoP DOES NOT HOWEVER change a cars driving characteristics and weak and strong points to make all cars drive the same as each other. While one car or brand may be strong on corner entry and corner speed the next car may be strong in its agility in changing directions while a third car may exhibit strengths in corner exit and acceleration.

So although each car has sections of the track where they may be strong or weaker they are not the same and these differences although capable of turning an overall similar lap time between them will make each car drive the track different from the other to maximize their strengths and minimize their weaknesses.

Much better overall racing than one make where each car behaves the same in my opinion.

I understand that they all have different strengths and weaknesses so why bother fiddling with them, all group cars should be to the same regs so there shouldn't be massive differences between then anyway, I did wonder though , would it be fun to get a random group car when you enter practice , that way you would have to work with what you've got , bit like real racing .

I think we're missing the point a bit, all I'm really saying is you can't get the cars balanced if it's a single race , look at today's C race, all Evo's at the top, next track will be a different car , BoP only works in a championship as in the FIA races , I just think it's a bit of a waste of time to keep fiddling with it in a single race contest ,I also think G4 races are affected the most as there a lot of cars which don't belong. that's all :)

Well I do think it should be per-track BoP settings instead of global. With a global setting some cars are just going to dominate certain tracks, which defeats the purpose of BoP.

Back