Boring Drift

• Thread starter Pearl Jam
  • 5 comments
Wales
Wales
Neil Pearl Jam
NEILPEARLJAM
i guess it's quite popular judging by the scores posted but the drift challenges in single player..I just can't get into them..i get the necessary score for the 3 stars but then that's it, my interest is lost. Any other mode I'll chase times down (usually to no avail)

Unless I'm missing something that's special about them, it seems far too technical for me..or maybe I'm just ***** at it :banghead:

I've never really enjoyed drifting in any games (well, rally games excluded, but I'm not sure that's technically considered drifting?), this one included. And yes, I do suck at it, but I'm also very far from breaking any time trial records but I still thoroughly enjoy that.
Basically I enjoy virtual driving. Drifting - aside from when a car gets a little tail happy by accident - seems like more of a separate mini game to me. And I'm just talking about drifting in general, not specifically the short drift events in DriveClub.

It's popular because in proportion you can get a lot more XP per minute - okay, some folks enjoy it and personally, I don't think it's bad, but I tend to just do what is necessary.

I see a large percentage of challenges that are drifts, which is a pain to wade through them all to find something that isn't a drift challenge.

I love drift challenges online, they can get very intense trying to squeeze a few more points out of each corner. Most of the time they are abused and people get 60,000+ points.

*cough*
*cough*

Last edited:
I also think the drifting in DC is bad. I love the game, but the drifting is so poorly done that you get more points for just flying into a corner as sideways as possible and hitting a wall, than you do holding a nice, proper drift. I actually think the game would be better without the drifting, as I think it's so poorly done it actually takes away from the sheer quality of the rest of the game.

Back