Boring Race Events

• Thread starter SpawnBlack
  • 21 comments
Not me. I have had some amazingly fun races at HSR lately with a good bunch of guys. It's what you make of the situation and the company you in :sly:

Apart from the Suzuka event, where being limited to 4WD cars is boring, I think it's a good line up.

I returned this week to GT5P playing after many months away and I'm having fun at:

- Eiger using a 512 BB
- HSR using the Tuned Vette

Fuji FWD is also interesting but those two are my favourites

Not me. I have had some amazingly fun races at HSR lately with a good bunch of guys. It's what you make of the situation and the company you in :sly:

I guess so. I feel I'm running out of Steam with the same tracks and lack of cars and the never ending wait for GT5.

I'm trying to get into HSR now so hopefully I can calm the Racing Demon in me.

- Eiger using a 512 BB

Love the car choice. Probably my favourite car to drive in the game. How is on Eiger though? :scared: And with so few overtaking places it must be a bit of a handful.

I guess so. I feel I'm running out of Steam with the same tracks and lack of cars and the never ending wait for GT5.

I'm trying to get into HSR now so hopefully I can calm the Racing Demon in me.

HSR really has been brilliant. Might be a bit early to try though. Its good at around 11 or midnight (my time) and I think London is an hour or two behind me. Not sure with the time changes recently.

I'll try it out tonight, because I cant get on there right now. Thanks CRAZYTORTISE.

Love the car choice. Probably my favourite car to drive in the game. How is on Eiger though? :scared: And with so few overtaking places it must be a bit of a handful.

Well, I am very, very rusty on GT5P but I had great fun with it. I always liked the 512 BB, a personal favourite

Picked my old car, it had a DC tune. made probably for some 2008 forgotten 650 PP event (I know it was a DC tune because Lars was my tuner of choice back then). asically I just shortened the gears and adjusted power/weight/tyres to fit within the 550 PP limit.

Don't know what times to aim for, my best so far was a 1.13.1xx, but a friend I was racing with (same car) pulled a best lap of 1.12.5xx.

No idea if this is competitive against modern cars though, GT5P is mostly abandoned nowadays and we almost never had company.

+1

pictures says more than a thousand words

Don't know what times to aim for, my best so far was a 1.13.1xx, but a friend I was racing with (same car) pulled a best lap of 1.12.5xx.

No idea if this is competitive against modern cars though, GT5P is mostly abandoned nowadays and we almost never had company.

Yeah, even after more 512BB at Eiger 550PP, couldn't go below mid 1'12. Got in a race with some French clan guys, they were using Clios, and the Ferrari was really no match. So later, as you joined us Mario, I tried out the Clio, and more than 1 second faster for me; got a 1'11.2.

I find Eiger more enjoyable with the 512BB though. I especially love it through the right-left after the tunnel. Knife-edge stuff sometimes.

Wow those aren't bad times. I've been using 111R on the Eiger 550pp, w/ R1 tires. Best I ever did was I think 1.13.4xx...I feel I could use some work on the tuning perhaps. Eiger is the course i've logged the most hours in for sure.

I'll definitely try out the 512BB, I've always found that car real interesting and fun to drive (if not a handful for me at times). Mind showing me your settings for the Ferrari?

I've just begun getting more consistent and stable with the DFGT wheel, it's paying off!

Last edited:
Yeah, even after more 512BB at Eiger 550PP, couldn't go below mid 1'12. Got in a race with some French clan guys, they were using Clios, and the Ferrari was really no match. So later, as you joined us Mario, I tried out the Clio, and more than 1 second faster for me; got a 1'11.2.

I find Eiger more enjoyable with the 512BB though. I especially love it through the right-left after the tunnel. Knife-edge stuff sometimes.

Yes, it is more enjoyable with the 512. Still want to try the F40, could be interesting also :D

PS - My Clio time at Eiger was 1'11.4xx so for us both it's well over 1 second between the 2 cars. Pity and it shows you how flawed is the PP system.

I'll definitely try out the 512BB, I've always found that car real interesting and fun to drive (if not a handful for me at times). Mind showing me your settings for the Ferrari?

Something like:
Tyres: S3/S3
Power: Minimum
Weight: 86%
Ride: -30/-30
Springs: 8/7
Damper: 5/5
Toe: 0/0
Camber: 2.0/1.5
Brakes: 5/4

There's quite a high upshift penalty with the car, so I have the gears long enough to not need 5th gear. I'm using a pad, so may not be most suitable for a wheel (although GTP_Hun is using a G25 and has been using the same car setup).

PS - My Clio time at Eiger was 1'11.4xx so for us both it's well over 1 second between the 2 cars. Pity and it shows you how flawed is the PP system.

Well, in one way it may seem flawed, if one expects the cars to be very evenly matched with equal points. But even with minimum power, the Ferrari was much quicker on the straights than the Clio. So on a less twisty circuit, they may be more closely matched. I think the PP system works well this way; more realistic for cars to vary on performance depending on the circuit.

Last edited:
Yes, it is more enjoyable with the 512. Still want to try the F40, could be interesting also :D

The F40 is a lot of fun, but not that quick. My fastest lap is a 1:17.3xx but is often in the higher 1:17 bracket. I have a feeling it can break the 1:16's but thats pushing it. Awesome fun though, running on N3 tires.

I had forgotten about the 512, its been a while since I've been online with GT5P and am just getting back into it. Love the 512, gunna have to throw that one around the track!

(sorry - double-posted by accident)

Wow those aren't bad times. I've been using 111R on the Eiger 550pp, w/ R1 tires. Best I ever did was I think 1.13.4xx...I feel I could use some work on the tuning perhaps.

Tried out the 111R at Eiger. It very fast on that circuit actually. I got a low 1'11 out of it, similar to my Clio time. Here's the setup I used:

111%
R1/R1
---
-25/-25
6/5
5/4
0.00/0.00
2.0/1.7
5/5
---
Off

I'm trying to find a suitable gearing, but there's so many ways to do it. I'd say one of the main things is to avoid having to upshift just before entering the uphill tunnel.

I've been running Eiger as well. Low 1:13's, high 1:12's in the BMW 135i on S3 tires and 100% weight.

Tried out the 135i on Eiger. Initially tried minimum weight thinking "surely this must be better than 100% weight". But then tried 100% weight with more power, and bingo; saved a few tenths! Got a 1'13.5 with that, although couldn't do more than 10 laps as it's 4am now - sleeptime!

Last edited:
+1

pictures says more than a thousand words

Good race, very smooth on the corners Roomboter. I've had my Wheel for two and half months now and I'm getting better with it. Seeing races like that makes it fun and not as boring as it is for me right now. Hope to see you guys on track for some clean racing. 👍

Tried out the 135i on Eiger. Initially tried minimum weight thinking "surely this must be better than 100% weight". But then tried 100% weight with more power, and bingo; saved a few tenths! Got a 1'13.5 with that, although couldn't do more than 10 laps as it's 4am now - sleeptime!

I found with my setup, and looks like yours too, that the rear stays planted a bit better and there's better traction coming out of the corners with 100% weight. I've run as fast as 1:12.7xx but I think there's still a couple tenths to be had somewhere. 👍

I'm happy with eigher and suzuka 4WD, my evo X just flies in that track!
It makes me feel good and gives me some hope that I don't suck that bad, I always finish with a podium position, and with a car that I love very much.
I barely have a chance to drive it online, and this is just perfect.

As for eigher, I'm having a great time there, always competitive races, just too bad I can't find a good setting for my tii,

Good race, very smooth on the corners Roomboter. I've had my Wheel for two and half months now and I'm getting better with it. Seeing races like that makes it fun and not as boring as it is for me right now. Hope to see you guys on track for some clean racing. 👍

Thank you. Glad you enjoyed the video's.

Once you get used to your wheel, you will never go back.

You will find me at HSR 800PP 00 20 40 next fridaynight and will start round 9 U.K time

Hope to see you there

I think these events are the most boring so far. I like only RWD cars but the Eiger is not a good track to race. I hope next time we get Daytona Road 700PP RWD because the GT-R kills every race where this car can run.

Back