Boundary Layer Offers Free File Hosting

Boundary Layer

navigating a sea of fools
Premium
GTP_Brent
I've recently purchased some webspace for myself with the intentions of eventually creating a personal website containing, among other things, GT4 material.

My url is the following: www.bgj.ca
Very short and simple, but best of all I don't think I'm likely to out grow that domain name for another... 60-70 years or so (it's my initials). There's not a lot to see yet - just a welcome page of sorts.

I have a rather high file storage limit, and a monthly bandwidth limit that I don't think is possible for me to exceed (*knock on wood*). So I'm offering to host GTP member's videos on my space.

I have setup a limited access FTP account for members of Gran Turismo Planet to use. If you would like to take advantage of this offer please PM me these 2 details.

1. The filename of your video.
2. The filesize of your video.​

I'd like for the video size to be kept below 50mb's where possible.

After I've recieved your PM with those details I will reply with further instructions about how you may upload your file.
[note: an ftp client will be required - I suggest Smart FTP]
Please be patient waiting for my reply - I have a life too, can't be online 24/7. But normally it should not take more than a day to hear back from me.

Upload speeds are generally very good. I have placed all my videos on this space already and was getting upload speeds in excess of 300kb/s. The lowest I have witnessed was 80kb/s - I assume this was during high server traffic.

I reserve the right to remove files and deny requests at any time to manage my webspace and bandwidth limits.
Afterall, I have to pay for it out of my own pockets.

A few rules:
  • Please do not upload any files other than those that I have given permission to upload. I will remove any unauthorized files.
  • Please do not create new directories for your videos - upload them to the directory that I specify.
  • Please do not rename, move, or delete any files or directories. Accidentally doing so will not really affect me in anyway - the FTP account has no access to my personal files. But doing so will be a nuissance to others that used the account before you.

After uploading, your file will be available at http://www.bgj.ca/gtp/yourfilename.xxx

I feel this is a very generous offer, so please do not abuse it. If I do have problems with individuals uploading files that I have not given permission to I will retract this service.

Just to protect myself, I will be changing the password on the aforementioned FTP account regularly. So if you want to upload more files at a later date you must PM me again for the correct login info - the old stuff will not work.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

GTP member videos currently hosted: 10

Oh come on. Nothing this good could be FREE! :cool:

Anyway, thanks BL for offering up a site that you're throwing YOUR money out on. Take advantage of it guys, but don't abuse it. This is MUCH better then yousendit or those other free hosting sites.

I've recently upped all the videos entered for GTPDC4. I plan to use my server as an archive for the GTPDC videos, among other things. I have more than enough space and bandwidth to make this possible - and dreamhost rewards me with additional space and bandwidth for every week I stay with their service.

So, if you're putting together a GTPDC video, you might as well get me to host it. It will end up on my server at some point anyways.

Ok, just posting here so people know:

I am still hosting videos, however the amount of time I have available to spend online has been severely cut for the next 4 months by my summer job. So it may take awhile for me to get back to you if you PM me for hosting.

Things should be getting back to normal in September.

Drift On!

Back