Bowing out in style!

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 7 comments

seadog777

Premium
Malaysia
Iskandar
seadog777
I'm firmly into GT7 now - I think it will turn into a classic in the series, eventually. Fingers crossed.

Not been on GTS much, and still haven't achieved my goal of gold on all tracks for Circuit Experience - that full lap of the Ring is still 2 seconds out of reach! So I have sort of given up on it.

I had over Cr. 19 million in my "account" so decided to max it out and buy a second Jag XJ13...... Won at La Sarthe in Nostalgia (in the Jag) for 284th time this morning, got the money and did the deed! Now have 2 XJ13s in the garage, and no credits sat idling in the account.

Any of you have a particular exit strategy in mind?

It's been a blast and sure I'll be back to GTS now and again, for old times sake.....

Take A Bow Thank You GIF by Iliza

Last edited:
I'm still playing GTS regularly, almost entirely creating really enjoyable custom races.
I'll probably be the same as @Jump_Ace - close GTS and play GT7, so long as I'm confident they have sufficiently fixed 7.

I hope PD won't shut down GTS so quickly and that they will make it playable/accessible offline, but I finally managed to complete the game (at least the Campaign mode) toward the end of last year. It's the first GT game I ever completed :):
  • GT League - won every race
  • Driving School - all Golds
  • Mission Challenge - all Golds
  • Circuit Experience - all Golds
  • Lewis Hamilton Time Trial Challenge - all Diamonds
The Lewis Hamilton Time Trial Challenge was the last thing I did before moving on to GT7. I was looking for more challenges after completing everything else, so I decided to purchase the DLC late last year. It sure was a challenge and at times frustrating, but I did get all Diamonds eventually, so I'm now sitting on 100 million credits along with the Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision Gran Turismo LH Edition in the garage :D

I hope PD won't shut down GTS so quickly and that they will make it playable/accessible offline, but I finally managed to complete the game (at least the Campaign mode) toward the end of last year. It's the first GT game I ever completed :):
  • GT League - won every race
  • Driving School - all Golds
  • Mission Challenge - all Golds
  • Circuit Experience - all Golds
  • Lewis Hamilton Time Trial Challenge - all Diamonds
The Lewis Hamilton Time Trial Challenge was the last thing I did before moving on to GT7. I was looking for more challenges after completing everything else, so I decided to purchase the DLC late last year. It sure was a challenge and at times frustrating, but I did get all Diamonds eventually, so I'm now sitting on 100 million credits along with the Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision Gran Turismo LH Edition in the garage :D
Wow, well done indeed! :cheers:

I find it pretty hard to get acquainted with a different driving model and I keep hearing GT7's is something new. Even switching back and forth between vastly different classes of cars within GTS takes some time for me so I expect I'll still be playing GTS for a while - I have a decent collection but there's still quite a few cars on my list to explore and I'd rather not start over just now.

Sounds like GT7 is still changing quite a bit so it's probably for the better to wait it out a little more. Plus, I have ACC here which is ... different. That'll require some more of my time to figure out too.

Last edited:
If it follows the pattern of GT5 and GT6, GTS will close its servers in September. Six months after the release of the subsequent game. Perhaps, due to the success, PD procrastinates until December.

Been back in sport trying for those online race trophies and after gaining 6 wins and 10 poles I feel I cannot get the plat. Mostly because only consistent people are left racing in sport mode, which makes winning tough.

Im more than decent in GTS but I just make small mistakes in races

Back