Boyd Cadzilla 2008

• Thread starter Tsukishima
  • 20 comments
Uruguay
Rivera
Tsukishima-TDUDT
The story of why I want this in the game is because I was replaying some Motorstorm: Pacific Rift and I finally got to rank 8 again, thus I unlocked a car named "Castro Toro", a 'true piece of art' I'd say. It looked so good that I needed, really needed to have it in other games, but as I know it's not possible, all I could hope for was the real life car it most resembled, and unfortunately there weren't any production vehicles... :(

But fortunately I remembered I had an IRL friend who always said he wanted a car named "Cadzilla" in his dream car list, so I thought 'yea, that car looked good, I'll compare both cars'. To my surprise it looked as good as the fictional car and I came to understand my friends reason for liking it. I searched for a lot of terms and didn't find anything, so here it is. :D

wGxjQ0o.png
Boyd Cadzilla '08
wGxjQ0o.png

cadzzilla-front.jpg

The Cadzilla (sometimes written as "Cadzzilla") is a hot rod car built by custom car builder and legend Boyd Coddington and designed by Larry Ericson. This amazing and yet classic car is based on a 1948 Cadillac Series 62 Sedanette and was built for rocker Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top. The name actually consists of 3 words: Cadillac, ZZ Top and Godzilla. Even the license plate says “I8TOKYO” [“I ate Tokyo” – a reference to famous Godzilla movie].

Cadzilla_by_smevcars.jpg

Cadzilla_BillyGibbons_zps11c20bc5.jpg

cadzzilla-zz-top-boyd-coddington-7.jpg

I was unfortunately unable to find any specs on the car, any help with that would be appreciated, thank you. :)

I really wish I could give more information about the car itself too...

---

Here's another ZZ Top's hot rod:

Last edited:
They don't resemble each other that much IMO...
View attachment 362321

Yes yes, I know you never said they did, but hey, it's good to see it made you remember of the Cadzilla, it's a very cool car. 👍
Yea, they don't that much. But it reminded me of the other car because they're both hot rods of similar style. :)

Very nice picture you got there, are you also another Motorstormer who got to Rank 8? :D

Yea, they don't that much. But it reminded me of the other car because they're both hot rods of similar style. :)

Very nice picture you got there, are you also another Motorstormer who got to Rank 8? :D
Rank 8 is not hard to get on but also not easy. Yes, I'm also another player who got there, sadly I never got all of the gold medals...

Cool car, but I'm not a big fan of the name "Cadzilla".
Me neither but it's still a great car. :D

Rank 8 is not hard to get on but also not easy. Yes, I'm also another player who got there, sadly I never got all of the gold medals...
I managed to get all of them on my first playthrough of the game, of course I had a hard time on some races, that AI is unforgivable, there were races were I actually tied 1st place with them.

I'm not having any hard times on my current playthrough though, that just shows how I've developed my skills. :)

So eh... you got to the bike vs monstertrucks yet? :banghead:
The one at Razorback? Lol, yes. The first time I went through that it was hell, but on my current playthrough it wasn't too much of a challenge for me. ;)

And this thread has kinda turned into a 50/50 split talk of motorstorm and the actual car :lol:
It's thanks to Motorstorm that I remembered of the Cadzilla. :D

The one at Razorback? Lol, yes. The first time I went through that it was hell, but on my current playthrough it wasn't too much of a challenge for me. ;)

It's thanks to Motorstorm that I remembered of the Cadzilla. :D
I think gtplanet needs a motorstorm forum... even though the series is long dead :lol:

Back