Bracket A Death: CancelledOpen 

• Thread starter Eh Team
  • 23 comments
Canada
It's cold here
The_EH_Team_43
Solo Bracket.jpg

Ladies and Gentlemen

Allow me to introduce to you a tournament of sheer lunacy. All of your previous qualifications do not matter because all you must do to take this prize is win with no remorse, your team must win with no remorse. The Bracket A Death pictured above applies to all team categories of 2 and 4 driver teams. The Bracket A Death pictured below applies to the solo category only.

Team Bracket.png

The solo category works as you would expect, win and you're through to the next round. You will note that for the second and third rounds that 3 drivers are pitted against each other, this is extra Death, only one driver advances in each one of these rounds so avoid the Death.

To advance in the team category, teams must have the lowest combined time. Existing GTPlanet teams may field as many teams as they like, beware that the seeding is completely random so fielding more teams could result in two of your teams facing off in the first round.

The Brackets will run between 5:30 and 10 PM Eastern time on Mondays, starting date August 3rd (21:30 to 02:00 UTC).

Rules:

Given the nature of the competition some racing contact during races is to be expected to a certain point. Rubbin's Racin' but bulldozing is very much reprehensible. Try to avoid contact but in the event it does happen do not take it personally. Penalties for excessive contact are at the discretion of the Steward in whether to penalize and how much to penalize. Penalties will consist of time additions to final times, repeated excessive contact can lead to disqualification and/or ejection from the competition completely.

Drivers are to keep all wheels of their vehicle on the racing surface, which can be defined as anything between the white lines of the track plus the addition of painted rumble strips, green astro-turf does not count. Penalties for exceeding track limits are limited to time additions with the severity at the discretion of the Steward.

Last edited:
Vehicle Selection

Vehicles are prohibited to be tuned in any manner, this allows for the full use of Gran Turismo's extremely wide range of vehicles while keeping every driver on the same playing field. Oil Changes are also prohibited as well as putting different wheels, body kits, wings, and gauges on the car. Painting your car is allowed but please refrain from using any colours shinier than metallic. Teams are to paint their cars the exact same colour so that it is clear on the track which driver belongs to which team.

The vehicle to be used for the Brackets will be the same in the team and solo categories until the champion is crowned. Tires will be listed with the vehicle for the duration of each bracket. The vehicle to be used can be found in this post at all times.

maxresdefault.jpg

Racing Hard Tires​

Track Selection

Tracks will be used for one round of each Bracket only and apply to all categories. The track for each round will be posted following the conclusion of the previous round. The track for the round can be found in this post at all times.

TBD

Last edited:
Lobby Rules

Due to the nature of this tournament having the possibility of fielding more drivers than one Gran Turismo Lobby can hold, drivers and teams will be roll called when it is time for them to enter the lobby for their race. Only these drivers will be in the lobby during the race in addition to any Stewards officiating the round.

There will be reasonable attempts made to live broadcast each night of the bracket via Twitch. If technological issues persist a message will be edited into this post notifying you that there will be no broadcast on that given night.

The link for broadcasts can always be found here

Not Broadcasting Yet​

Last edited:
Entry Notification and List

Any driver may enter all of the categories once, you may not enter on two teams in the team category, you also may not enter the solo category more than once. This is to keep you from having to compete against yourself at any point it the tournament.

To enter this competition please post in this thread the following information:

Solo Category:

GTP ID
PSN ID

2 Driver Team Category:

Driver 1 GTP ID
Driver 1 PSN ID

Driver 2 GTP ID
Driver 2 PSN ID

Team Name
Team Colour
Team Contact/Manager

4 Driver Team Category:

Driver 1 GTP ID
Driver 1 PSN ID

Driver 2 GTP ID
Driver 2 PSN ID

Driver 3 GTP ID
Driver 3 PSN ID

Driver 4 GTP ID
Driver 4 PSN ID

Team Name
Team Colour
Team Contact/Manager

Last edited:
Official Entry List

Solo Category

1. sgohsixthree - smcinnis
2. GTracerEHTeam - The_EH_Team_43
3. jr4737 - mazda3pro
4. S_Bridge - M_Mallet_Jr
5. GAN SAN - tony1311

2 Driver Category

4 Driver Category

Note: the numeration is not official seeding, this is for ease of reference for seeding.

Last edited:
https://www.gtplanet.net/gtplanet-community-spotlight-enough-to-drive-for-a-lifetime/

Bracket A Death is in the news!

Terronium-12`s article
This isn’t your typical online tournament, what we have here, championed by our very own GTracerEHTeam, is a tournament that prides itself in a ‘take no prisoners’ approach, you and your team, should you be burdened with one, are to win at any cost and with no remorse. This tournament promises sheer lunacy.

If you want to take part in what sounds like an incredible tournament with an implied emphasis on chaotic fun, you will no doubt want to stop by the thread and join in on things.

Last edited:
I'd held back from signing up because of the possibility that I can't make it sometimes & that that can happen without much notice. As there aren't too many signed up yet & it looks like I won't be taking a spot away from someone else who might have better attendance probability, I'll enter solo.

GTP ID - S_Bridge
PSN ID - M_Mallet_Jr

If anybody wants to be on a team with me, I'm up for that too. Although there is the risk that I could end up pulling out. @sgohsixthree, you said you might be interested in having a teammate?
At the moment my availability is looking ok, I don't have many major plans over the summer.

I'd held back from signing up because of the possibility that I can't make it sometimes & that that can happen without much notice. As there aren't too many signed up yet & it looks like I won't be taking a spot away from someone else who might have better attendance probability, I'll enter solo.

GTP ID - S_Bridge
PSN ID - M_Mallet_Jr

If anybody wants to be on a team with me, I'm up for that too. Although there is the risk that I could end up pulling out. @sgohsixthree, you said you might be interested in having a teammate?
At the moment my availability is looking ok, I don't have many major plans over the summer.

Yeah I'm open to it. I know Mazda was interested too. I'm thinking we'll wait and see how this fills up. Looking like it might all be solo for now.

With the general lack of sign ups this tournament may not run. I will accept sign ups until Monday the 3rd at 03:00 UTC.

Unfortunately since no one else has signed up I'm going to have to cancel this tournament. If in future there is more interest in this sort of thing I may consider attempting to run it again.

Unfortunately since no one else has signed up I'm going to have to cancel this tournament. If in future there is more interest in this sort of thing I may consider attempting to run it again.
Damn when do you think you'll give it another shot, and if you do, sign me up GTP:Snakescent00 PSN:Snake-scent00

Latest Posts

Back