• yes

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • no

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
superharrry007
Somebody already posted about this and wasn't very clear so the thread got locked
Here's the basic idea:
lobby full of 16 people with whatever car they want
everyone does 1 timed pass with and without nitrous
everyone then writes down or tells an official their time to the nearest .500
people get randomly picked for racing and the slower car starts earlier by however much the difference is so even a race between a fiat 500 and a Nissan gtr could be very close
in private drag lobbies it could make it very fun so no matter how bad your tune is as long as you leave right on the mark and shift at the right points you can win
is it a good idea or not a good idea?
and would anybody be willing to try this online?

Won't be able to regulate people leaving too soon. Or be able to keep people honest about what their car runs.

Not a bad idea, I just can't see it being very successful.

maybe have an official do the timing?
I don't know but in real bracket racing don't you automatically lose if you break out of your bracket?

ok then I thought he was using another game to help him explain but wasn't very clear about how he meant it

Could work if people are honest about their dial-in times...would probably need a judge watching the qualifying run to determine the time the car runs. But it just seems like too much of a bother with doing math and using the timer to determine the launch timings....especially since a lot of people who drag race seem to have ADHD or ADD...I'm probably one of them :)

Better to just do single elimination by doing live runs online. I hosted a couple of these before, they're REALLY fun if done right. But one person leaving or lagging out screws up the whole bracket so it can be quite difficult to pull off right.

Back