• 7 comments

helseth

Old fart - prrrrrrrt.
Premium
Norway
Notodden/Norway
rolandvg99
Simple!

The brake bias in GT6 behaves like in real life. This means that equal front/back gives an approximate 70/30 split (car dependant). If it was 50/50 (like a bunch on these forums seem to think) most cars would have done a 180 during turn in. The brake bias adjust the amount of pressure added/removed from that 70/30.

The combined braking force in any car is 100% related to 100% grip. Let us say that the default 5/5 bias equals 70% power to the front and 30% to the back. Each click on the bias adds/deducts a certain amount of power related to those percentages. A 10/10 would give 140/60 and a 0/0 would give 35/15. Racing brakes more than double this force.

Sport Soft has the most grip of standard tyres requiring high brake bias settings while Comfort Hard needs low setting. Racing tyres needs racing brakes with Racing Soft needing high bias and Heavy Wet needing low settings.

Facts? Stats?

Brake bias can go from 80/20 to 60/40 in cars, you'd have to go into the code to see what the truth is with GT's brake bias.

Facts? Stats?

Brake bias can go from 80/20 to 60/40 in cars, you'd have to go into the code to see what the truth is with GT's brake bias.

Facts: If your rear locks before your front you need to up the front bias or lessen the rear. If you step on the pedal and no wheel locks no matter what, you need to up the front/rear bias until the desired lock is acheived. If a feather touch locks your wheels you need to lessen the front/rear bias to the desired effect. No need to dig in any code. My numbers are just a guide not a 100% digit for digit fact. People need to learn that things are relative to and not exact in games and real life. Two cars can have the same bias and still have different braking force.

I've driven/repaired variuos cars/trucks since the late 80's, but I do not know everything, though I know enough to say that a 0/0 brake bias still apply brake pressure in this game or else wind/rolling resistance is way too high...

I was under the assumption that brake bias numbers do not impact the maximum brake force applied, but allow for varying resolution of bias adjustment.

For example, 0/0 = 5/5 = 10/10 with respect to maximum brake force and balance. Is this incorrect? Maybe I'll do some stopping tests tonight haha.

The braking distance is decided by both the wheels and the brakes. The weakest link decides the braking distance. Maximum braking power and shortest braking distance is achived at near lock-up. Stronger brakes need more grip. Racing brakes at full bias and standard brakes with enough bias to lock the tyres have the same braking distance given the same tyres when lock-up occurs. Racing brakes are better at dispatching, and tolerating, heat than standard brakes and therefore should give better braking at speed.

Latest Posts

Back