"Brake effect"

  • Thread starter Thread starter dkstz
  • 3 comments
  • 784 views
Messages
414
Brazil
São Paulo, SP, Brazil
Messages
arten_v
Hi, I was wondering if the sports brakes would make the car stop faster or something. I'm on work now and I can't test, and I really need to know that.

It all started here https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=76840 , my S2000 could brake deeper and better than any other car in the grid. Because of that, I could win that Endurance with a car around 250BHP, against TVR and Vettes. 👍
The feeling you get when, sure that you can jump on the inside, outbrake the opponent and take a clean pass is awesome in those close races! :dopey:

I started the El Capitan with the same car and by the lap 6 I put 30 SECONDS against the ZONDA!!! :dunce: It wasn't even fun, besides the driving feel.

thanks..
 
I only recall seeing racing brakes and a brake controller in the tuning shop. I know the racing brakes are supposed to slow the car better than the factory brakes.
 
Yes Sports brakes reduce braking times, of course they'll need to be adjusted if you soup up your car a little as the added power would partially nulify any increase in braking the Sports brakes give you. But yeah, kind of why they're there, to give better brakes.
 
No, sports brakes do not lower stopping distances. Here is the link, but the basics are that the brakes are supposed to reduce brake fade and increase pedal modulation, niether of which are modeled in the GT4 physics engine.
 
Back