Brake Glow?

• Thread starter Rikusaki
  • 29 comments
Rikusaki
I have yet to see the brakes glow. I look at replays and I can't see it!

Why?

Can anyone post a screenshot of picture of it happening?

I really hope they add this in the full game. :nervous:

I'm not sure if there's any brake glow at all in GT5P, but I should point out that brakes don't glow as easily as they did in the previous GT games.

Of course they will have it in GT5. In GT4 they had it, I use to watch my replays over and over and the glowing brake disc was pretty cool. Even when trying to do burnouts in GT4 the brakes would glow.

Of course they will have it in GT5. In GT4 they had it, I use to watch my replays over and over and the glowing brake disc was pretty cool. Even when trying to do burnouts in GT4 the brakes would glow.

I really want to see some pictures of that.
I wish someone would post links to these pics.

There was an easy thing to see a glow in GT3, but in GT4 the glow became more realistical and the brakes were glowing only when pushed hard. In GT5p, there's no glow now. But it will return back with an update I think.

GT4 they glowed a little bit too easy but was still pretty realistic, but Forza 2 I have noticed you shoot a breeze at the brake and they are on fire just about! Dunno why they overdone it soooo much.

You mean they glowed in previous games? I never saw that before! Omg I wanna see! :)

Here you go.....Nice TT brake discs glow. From GT4 not GT5P 👍

img0026ersyn4.jpg

Pinched the image :nervous: from TVR&Ferrari_Fan's thread in the GT4 section.

Last edited:
I was thinking about this the other day, while playing GT4... the glow looks too yellow. Should be a bit redder 👍

Just my $0.02.

Found an image from GT5P of a BMW. Must be an early prototype screen shot the brake disc glow looks a little iffy :sly:

bmwgt5p.jpg

it's a fake.....I did it using paint

I noticed brake glow when I played GT3. for a GT4 look, try watching replays on the NYC course. the broadway area is a good spot to look for it.

GT4 they glowed a little bit too easy but was still pretty realistic, but Forza 2 I have noticed you shoot a breeze at the brake and they are on fire just about! Dunno why they overdone it soooo much.

I agree, it's ridiculous in Forza. The past GT games have been unrealistic as well. You have to be doing some major braking in order to make them red like that and most of the racing I do isn't like that.

GT3 actually had the reddest brakes...GT4 is a bit subdued in comparison, unless you're driving something that really takes alot of stopping action.

Yeah Brake Glows, umm exhoust bursts etc.. I bet they ganna be in full game.. and sparks ;)

None of the cars on GT5P would have 'glowing' discs in real life though.

The race modified cars would probably have them. It's not about the car anyway, it's about getting it up to speed and then pressing on the brakes hard enough to cause the friction and create heat.

O Rly?

Nearly stock Lancer Evo with Stasis rotors:
0409sccprojevo01zkf1.jpg

Nearly stock Subaru Impreza WRX STI with Prodrive rotors:
0409sccprojevo09zvg6.jpg

All it takes is a lot of heat, although on a normal street car, the brakes would probably catch fire and the brake fluid would boil long before that happened.

That's nonsence, I showed perfectly red discs even on my father's venerable VW Passat 1.8 back in 1993 freshly after got my license. Four 0-150-0 km/h attempts and they were glowing like lampions :embarrassed:)

I bet your father was very happy haha. But yeh even stock brakes can glow if pushed too hard.

yeah, i did it too with my dad's Alfa 155, just raced 15 km with the car and when i was home i saw the front-discs glowing too, first time i saw it on a normal car(i was a lot younger then!!!)

Back