Brake problem

• Thread starter RX-7_FD3S
  • 12 comments
Switzerland
Geneva
Kimky
Kimky
hey guys, here's my problem, I'm looking for some tuning advice on how to make the brake more progressive. I'm playing with a t300 rs wiht stock pedal atm since the pro arent available at the moment.
My problem only lies wiht some cars, for most of them I dont have any problem driving or even braking, but with the Mclaren F1 and the AMG GT, I got huge trouble with them. As soon as I go near the brake pedal, even by braking lightly, it feels like my brake are locking immediatly and I can't seems to hit constant braking points. If anyone could point me in the direction I could go. It would be awesome. It feels at some points like my brakes on these cars are either on or off but nothing progressive. I've check my calibration and it's done correctly, because it works with others cars. It's just some cars that bring me trouble.

Any help would be appreciate ^^

na I'm not running abs, I'm running in pro with everything off. I could go the easy way and just put abs up but I prefer to go without if I can ^^; I'll try to play with telemetry and brake pressure a bit I guess.

Would it be possible that it's a brake heat problem ?

na I'm not running abs, I'm running in pro with everything off. I could go the easy way and just put abs up but I prefer to go without if I can ^^; I'll try to play with telemetry and brake pressure a bit I guess.

Would it be possible that it's a brake heat problem ?
Does it happen early or late in your run or at any time? With ABS off I find you have to turn down the brake pressure setting and it's different for every car. Try turning it way down and see what happens and then bring it back up until you start to lock up with full pedal and see if that does the trick. It could also be overheating the tires or cold tires. If you overheat you lose grip and braking and same with cold tires. Cars like the McLaren also respond best to straight line braking only for the most part, especially on tracks like Nurburgring where the car is off balance quite a bit so you have to take car to set up straight entry into many of the more difficult corners.

I'm using a controller (no ABS) but for the McLaren I'm using 90% brake pressure and then moved brake balance 5% further forward because I kept locking the rears and spinning, I think the value is 65% but not too sure. On a smooth track I get very close to full trigger before locking up but on bumpy circuits it requires a bit of modulating, I'm not sure how this would translate to a wheel but a lot of these settings would be personal preference.

I raised my F1 brake pressure to a whopping 100%! usually I turn the pressure down to stop locking up but not in this car. plus you have to brake a lot earlier than in most cars, like way before you normally would. and as someone said, straight line braking is a must, the car can be a beast, and I also moved the balance forward a bit.

I actually just started trying to tune this car up last night, now I have something much better than the stock set up. I recommend messing around with the slow & fast bumps/ rebound sliders to stop it oversteering on curbs and into/out of corners. made a big difference to me.

I use a Logitech G27 and under Game>Options & Help>Controls>Configuration..............there's a "Brake Sensitivity" slider adjustment from 1 to 100. I have found that to be as important as the brake pressure adjustment to prevent wheel lock-up when using no ABS. Give it a try.....cheers!

I use a Logitech G27 and under Game>Options & Help>Controls>Configuration..............there's a "Brake Sensitivity" slider adjustment from 1 to 100. I have found that to be as important as the brake pressure adjustment to prevent wheel lock-up when using no ABS. Give it a try.....cheers!

Umm I'll definitely try that once I'm at home. Didnt saw that setting up till now so I may have a look.

^^
I'm a little curious. What setting was the best sensitivity for you?

I haven't found one value for the Brake Sensitivity Setting that works. Brake Pressure, Brake Balance, Brake Duct and Limited Slip Deceleration Lock all affect where I end up adjusting it. For default tunes that are somewhat "safe tunes" I seem to be OK in the 50-60 range with less danger for wheel lock-up. For "less forgiving" cars that I have been tuning for time-trial leaderboards...... I have found that I have to go less than that to prevent wheel lock-up.

I haven't found one value for the Brake Sensitivity Setting that works. Brake Pressure, Brake Balance, Brake Duct and Limited Slip Deceleration Lock all affect where I end up adjusting it. For default tunes that are somewhat "safe tunes" I seem to be OK in the 50-60 range with less danger for wheel lock-up. For "less forgiving" cars that I have been tuning for time-trial leaderboards...... I have found that I have to go less than that to prevent wheel lock-up.

So no silver bullet found here either :lol:
I'll try playing around with the sensitivity and see what I gain from it

Thanks mate

So far the only car I have that I have not been able to run easily at 100% pressure and ABS off is the Speed 8. Usually the first thing I do in my tune is set the brake to 100 but when I drove the Bentley after doing this I found it very touchy and locked up quite easily so I had to back it down to 90%.

Of course I use a load cell brake so lockups are not nearly the issue they would be with a lesser set of pedals or a controller. On Forza when I used a controller I set the brakes at around 75% with my wheel I set then at 125%

Back