Brake Tickets & Swapping "Brakes"

• Thread starter FastAShecK
  • 10 comments

FastAShecK

(Banned)
Canada
Road to Inferno
As always we can't say how we do it

One of the many parts we can swap (still running 2.11) is brakes. From one car to another and there are also brake upgrade tickets (that work on practically no cars) So far the EK 97 Civic Type R will take the 4 puck upgrade but thats all I've seen so far.

Has changing brake with either the tickets or using brakes from a different car show to have any effect on braking, lock ups, stopping distance? Anything at all?

Ive done a little bit of testing and have not found any concrete differences, am I missing something?

Dang Fast you're really into the hybriding business now, eh? :lol:

As for the brakes, I noticed about a 10ft decrease in stopping distance with the 6 piston rotor. Tested on Route X at 120mph with a Honda NSX Type-R '02. In my opinion, it's not worth it.

Dang Fast you're really into the hybriding business now, eh? :lol:

As for the brakes, I noticed about a 10ft decrease in stopping distance with the 6 piston rotor. Tested on Route X at 120mph with a Honda NSX Type-R '02. In my opinion, it's not worth it.

Yeah getting as much as I can out of this game :D

Im glad to hear you had a test with results, Im going to try and get the 6 'n Carbon on something, they might do better :D

Yeah getting as much as I can out of this game :D

Im glad to hear you had a test with results, Im going to try and get the 6 'n Carbon on something, they might do better :D

Yep, Route X was my testing grounds for the brakes, until stupid me left the game unattended and it updated back to 2.12. Here are my results from all of the hidden parts, all using the same NSX Type-R. All distances and times are the result of rounding the specific number associated with the brake part tested.
4 Piston Brakes: No difference
6 Piston Brakes: -10 feet
8 Piston Brakes: -20 feet

So to conclude, if you are absolutely hellbent on ensuring a safe stopping experience, go ahead and use the brakes. Otherwise, there isn't any point.

Lol I got 8 pistons and cernamic carbon brakes and its naughty lol

What car took the install of the 8piston and ceramics?

Yep, Route X was my testing grounds for the brakes, until stupid me left the game unattended and it updated back to 2.12. Here are my results from all of the hidden parts, all using the same NSX Type-R. All distances and times are the result of rounding the specific number associated with the brake part tested.
4 Piston Brakes: No difference
6 Piston Brakes: -10 feet
8 Piston Brakes: -20 feet

So to conclude, if you are absolutely hellbent on ensuring a safe stopping experience, go ahead and use the brakes. Otherwise, there isn't any point.

Thats not too bad 20feet, maybe more with the carbon, what cars accepted them?

Id like to try carbons if they would go on something

What car took the install of the 8piston and ceramics?

Thats not too bad 20feet, maybe more with the carbon, what cars accepted them?

Id like to try carbons if they would go on something

Had to install them myself, through means that can't be discussed sadly. :indiff:

I haven't put them on my EK9 yet but got them ready gonna do it tonight will tell you if it works

Ohh, I hate to break it to yah, they wont install on our civic. The 4 piston will install but doesn't do anything, I'm not sure what cars will accept the 6, 8 or carbons..

You kinda (I say "kinda" very loosely) repped like you already had them on your EK9 and they are "naughty" what does that mean??

ill also let yah know so far no matter what ones you use I don't think they look any different from std.

The thread is more asking people who have actually run them and did some kind of testing, Im not looking for how you think they may perform.

Last edited:
Back