Brakes

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 3 comments

seadog777

Premium
Malaysia
Iskandar
seadog777
Hi, can anyone give any advice on beefing up brakes? I've only had GTS a few days but still can't see any way to adjust the braking performance.

I have not played for a long time but recall that in previous versions you could upgrade the brake system to racing.

All I can find to adjust here is the balance. That doesn't help with some cars that seem to have really, really bad brakes (the Aston One-77 springs to mind - breaks my heart when I think how much it cost and is almost (for me) undriveable!)

It would be handy when adding horse power to other cars too.

I've searched this forum for "brakes" but most posts showing up deal with oversteer.

Thanks!

Hi, can anyone give any advice on beefing up brakes? I've only had GTS a few days but still can't see any way to adjust the braking performance.

I have not played for a long time but recall that in previous versions you could upgrade the brake system to racing.

All I can find to adjust here is the balance. That doesn't help with some cars that seem to have really, really bad brakes (the Aston One-77 springs to mind - breaks my heart when I think how much it cost and is almost (for me) undriveable!)

It would be handy when adding horse power to other cars too.

I've searched this forum for "brakes" but most posts showing up deal with oversteer.

Thanks!
Bigger brakes don't stop you quicker (in reality), they allow you to reduce brake fade and improve modulation (at the expense of increased upsprung weight).

Tyres are the limiting factor for stopping distances and as such you need to increase the amount of grip you have at the contact patches to stop quicker (either by upgrading tyres and/or increasing downforce).

Thanks Scaff.
Would adjusting camber (to increase contact area) help or is that counterproductive?
I tried reducing weight as much as I could too. The Aston still brakes like a bus! :)
Cheers.

Thanks Scaff.
Would adjusting camber (to increase contact area) help or is that counterproductive?
I tried reducing weight as much as I could too. The Aston still brakes like a bus! :)
Cheers.
That depends on how well the suspension has been modeled. If its been done right then you should get a degree of camber recovery under dive from braking. Which would negate much of the (minimal) gains you might get from reducing camber.

The main advantage of reducing camber on braking is in stability rather than distance (unless the original camber values were very high or the suspension model is out).

Back