Braking and Throttle not working

• Thread starter z0sum
  • 4 comments
Nikon87
So recently, I got a problem out of nowhere. I was playing and all of a sudden the brake and throttle wouldn't respond. I checked the controls and it was fine. All of the other controls work fine, except for the brake and throttle. I can see when I first press either, there's a quick blip up and it dies, like it's weak or something. I tried changing the button for throttle to see if it was the button and the same thing, I changed the controller, same thing. This happened, seemingly, completely out of the blue and I don't think it's the button or controllers since I switched them and the exact same thing, any explanations? Thanks.

EDIT: I also tried different cars, in case it was just the car, still the same thing.

Ideas

1 - What "buttons" do you normally use for accelerate/brake? If you don't already, try using L2 and R2 for brake and accelerate to see if it's buttons located in a particular section of the DS3.

2 - Try another driving game or other game to see if the problem persists?

3 - In options try setting control options back to default.

4 - You could try plugging the controller (I'm guessing that's what you're using) in via USB and running it direct rather than through bluetooth.

It might be a game glitch. This happened to me some time ago, I lost steering too, since I normally use a wheel I didn't bother to do anything about it for literally a couple of months --- infact I was posting here...

Did a little research with the data logger.

The analogue stick is speed sensitive as has been pointed out. So, I coasted from 100km/h to 20 km/h just going lock to lock on the stick in reasonable rythym. I'm sure it's not perfectly liner and there's other factors involved. But, between 70-100km/h the data logger was showing about 100-140° of steering lock, once I got down to about 25km/h, I was getting 370°+ of steering lock.

I tried testing the D-pad, but my DS3.. (actually just the standard 6-axis, not even a dual shock!) just went down the crapper! I think it's jealous of the time I spend with my wheel :lol:

So, I then tried with my wheel, first thing I noticed was that at speeds over about 15km/h I can't actually get to full lock before driving off track and invalidating the laptime for the data logger! Once at a crawl, the data logger shows the wheel doing the full 450° each way (this is actually before I hit the wheels lock stops because it's a 1080° wheel). at about 70km/h I was using about 160°.

I thought it was interesting.

.... at the time about controller input vs wheel input, when it went for no reason.

Anyhow, I wanted to try the controller for the GTA final, so I plugged it back in to to try, same thing was still happening. I went to the controller screen and re-assigned the buttons (basically just re-selected the current settings) and it worked after that.

Pretty weird, but possible a very minor bug.

Back