Braking question need answering please

Australia
Central Coast, NSW, Australia
ApexWarrior77
image.jpg
F57037B6-0E2E-494A-BDE0-AE05338D45C9.jpeg
Hi guys and gals.
First time poster :cool:

I’m trying to improve my driving through the use of a Sim setup (Thrustmaster T300 GT Edition).
My question is

Can anybody tell me as to why even when stationary the braking telemetry/indicator (the vertical slide that shows up white&red on the application of the pedal) (sorry if my terminology is incorrect) why this never shows completely white? Even if my foot is buried to the stop point.
As mentioned it never shows a full bar at stationary or easing the pedal down whilst driving nor does it show if I stand on them aggressively.
Is it my setup or is that just how things are?

Attachments

• 34E00616-8FD6-4909-9C88-6C0F4A764364.jpeg
    34E00616-8FD6-4909-9C88-6C0F4A764364.jpeg
    134.2 KB · Views: 8
View attachment 800635 View attachment 800636 Hi guys and gals.
First time poster :cool:

I’m trying to improve my driving through the use of a Sim setup (Thrustmaster T300 GT Edition).
My question is

Can anybody tell me as to why even when stationary the braking telemetry/indicator (the vertical slide that shows up white&red on the application of the pedal) (sorry if my terminology is incorrect) why this never shows completely white? Even if my foot is buried to the stop point.
As mentioned it never shows a full bar at stationary or easing the pedal down whilst driving nor does it show if I stand on them aggressively.
Is it my setup or is that just how things are?
Nope, not your setup, it's how things are.
And as mentioned it's related to ABS.

Here's a copy of something I posted some time back that relates to your question:

"The red section is showing how much the ABS is effecting your braking.

Think of it being similar to TC, where in that case it is essentially reducing the amount of throttle you are applying.
With TC Off you will not see any red section on the throttle bar, because it's not activating.
With TC On, when it's activated you will see red flickering on the throttle bar and the TC icon turns red.

Similarly, with ABS Off there is also no red section on the braking bar, because it's not activating.
But with ABS on Default or Weak, the red section is showing how much your braking is being effected by the ABS, and the ABS icon turns red.
It's basically showing the reduction in the amount of braking pressure being applied, due to ABS."

Nope, not your setup, it's how things are.
And as mentioned it's related to ABS.

Here's a copy of something I posted some time back that relates to your question:

"The red section is showing how much the ABS is effecting your braking.

Think of it being similar to TC, where in that case it is essentially reducing the amount of throttle you are applying.
With TC Off you will not see any red section on the throttle bar, because it's not activating.
With TC On, when it's activated you will see red flickering on the throttle bar and the TC icon turns red.

Similarly, with ABS Off there is also no red section on the braking bar, because it's not activating.
But with ABS on Default or Weak, the red section is showing how much your braking is being effected by the ABS, and the ABS icon turns red.
It's basically showing the reduction in the amount of braking pressure being applied, due to ABS."

Wow. Thank you so very much

Back