Braking suggestion: red alert or double cones?

• Thread starter dvdj
  • 31 comments
Double cones and distance markers are a great reminders for setting up for the turn when they are taken out you have to look for other spots on the track to brake and down shift to take their place. For the cry babies that give the excuses that the driver in front of him is breaking to early slowing him down, Has another reminder added to tail lights and distance markers . If you make contact after passing those reminders serve your penalty without a tear.

Its ashame, in GT6 (and 5 maybe), you could turn off this recommended gear/ brake indicator feature altogether, but for some reason GTSport didn't. I've never used the actual flashing brake indicator that displays center screen. I use cockpit view all the time, and the brake indicator was nothing more than a crutch and distraction as mentioned a hundred times in this thread. I got so tired of seeing the gear one in the hud, I went to the point of double layering some blue painters tape, and covered it over where the brake indicator box/recommended gear flashes. Much more immersive, and forces you to learn hard point to use for braking references. Takes an extra minute to get fast on a track, but worth it.

Latest Posts

Back