braking technique...and abs ??

  • Thread starter Thread starter ferret-turbo
  • 8 comments
  • 1,073 views
Messages
103
is it actually possible to lock the wheels while going in a straight line ?
and if so how the hell are you meant to know when they have locked, the only time i hear the tyres screeching is on corners, either braking whilst on the corner or just taking it too fast

also, the lotus carlton for example, the tyres chirop when braking as if it has ABS, do you think this is the case ? any other cars like that ?

main query is how to brake as quickly as poss, and whether you can hear the wheels lock up
the braking tests for the licences you just slam the brake on full at a certain point for the best results...
 
I haven't ever experienced complete brake lockup in a straight line without using the e-brake, but I have noticed that full braking does not always yeild the best results. I began using threshhold braking in endurences to save tires, and I noticed that it didn't slow me down at all, and maybe even sped me up a little bit. I use the tire screeching noise as a cue to tell me when I'm braking too hard.

As a matter of fact, I used threshhold braking in one of the license tests to help me along to gold...
 
ferret-turbo
is it actually possible to lock the wheels while going in a straight line ?
and if so how the hell are you meant to know when they have locked, the only time i hear the tyres screeching is on corners, either braking whilst on the corner or just taking it too fast

also, the lotus carlton for example, the tyres chirop when braking as if it has ABS, do you think this is the case ? any other cars like that ?

main query is how to brake as quickly as poss, and whether you can hear the wheels lock up
the braking tests for the licences you just slam the brake on full at a certain point for the best results...
Your wheels lock up all the time without sport brakes or the brake setting too high. You just need to listen. And that chopping is the tires. They can't handle the stopping forces, so they bounce.
 
The GT4 manual doesn't mention ABS at all, but does GT4 incorperate ABS on all cars, like on the other games in the series? I've driven many old and new cars and none of the wheels have locked up yet.
 
that choppping sound is what we here call "Tire Hop" or "Wheel Hop" do it to often in real life you will often shorten the life of the motor, do do the engine spinning freely. Not Good Stuff.
 
please explain grip, I don't get it? Tire Hop? Chopping sound? Did I missed something?
 
theres definitely some kind of assist, even the light cars you can still steer if you slam on the brakes 100%, would just keep going straight if the wheels were actually locking
I just thought I was maybe missing something
 
My abs are great!
I have the AbLounger!
And a BowFlex body!!!
 
Back