Braking!?

• Thread starter meck_rb7
  • 15 comments
Netherlands
Netherlands
What happend with braking? It feels a lot different then before... i feel nothing.. no feeling in the brakes at all... I used to release the brake pressure going into a corner for example, felt the car getting grip again and stept on the gas....felt the car wobble, break under a straight line.. knowing where the breaking points are...

But now i have no confidence on the breaks and the breakingpoints seems to have changed.. the feeling under braking is zero for me... my lap times are 1-2 seconds slower than before! It just don't feel right. I use a DS4 and sensitivity sinds beginning on 7.

Any other people with the same problem? I don't like it al all... it really killes the game for me... i'm no way as competitive as i was...

I really hope PD is gonna fix this one!!!!!

Last edited:
How do you feel anything? You mean vibration? Oh lord .. if you can't race without vibration I feel sorry for you

A patch was just released. Maybe you meant to post this in the thread discussing the patch?
You been promoted to moderator recently? He's asking about braking specifically, and what's the point in have one or two mammoth threads that spawn multiple sub-discussions in one long list?

OP, I'm the opposite to you, I find that the braking and overall control with a pad has massively improved, at least how I play and at my skill level anyway. I can't remember what I have the sensitivity at, 5 I think.

How do you feel anything? You mean vibration? Oh lord .. if you can't race without vibration I feel sorry for you

No, not vibration, just the feeling under braking.

You been promoted to moderator recently? He's asking about braking specifically, and what's the point in have one or two mammoth threads that spawn multiple sub-discussions in one long list?

OP, I'm the opposite to you, I find that the braking and overall control with a pad has massively improved, at least how I play and at my skill level anyway. I can't remember what I have the sensitivity at, 5 I think.

Yes i agree, the general feel has improved. Exept from the braking. No feeling of the car slowing down and when to release the brakes. 1st corner at Maggiore for example. I always used to brake round the 100m sign and release the brake pressure slowly to find my grip again and then turn into the corner. Felt great! Always! Now when i brake at the same spot with the same pressure i find my self like 15 meters to early to turn into the corner.. so i have to brake like 15 meters later. But when i do that i mess up the whole corner, because i have no feeling and i am on the max! It was so fun outbraking people, but now it seems impossible for me to out brake them.... it's so difficult right now for me all of a sudden and i just can't keep up a constant pace anymore... i don't like it...

No, not vibration, just the feeling under braking.

Yes i agree, the general feel has improved. Exept from the braking. No feeling of the car slowing down and when to release the brakes. 1st corner at Maggiore for example. I always used to brake round the 100m sign and release the brake pressure slowly to find my grip again and then turn into the corner. Felt great! Always! Now when i brake at the same spot with the same pressure i find my self like 15 meters to early to turn into the corner.. so i have to brake like 15 meters later. But when i do that i mess up the whole corner, because i have no feeling and i am on the max! It was so fun outbraking people, but now it seems impossible for me to out brake them.... it's so difficult right now for me all of a sudden and i just can't keep up a constant pace anymore... i don't like it...

I had the same braking issue yesterday. The car was slowing fine. It was the braking points changed. Instead of 15 meters later, try in the middle, 5 - 10. I did this and it got a whole lot better. You just have to learn new brake points.

I had the same braking issue yesterday. The car was slowing fine. It was the braking points changed. Instead of 15 meters later, try in the middle, 5 - 10. I did this and it got a whole lot better. You just have to learn new brake points.

Yes i feel you! But when i apply that i just don't feel confident at all! No feeling at the end of the braking zone at the point of turning in. You don't have this same issue?

Yes i feel you! But when i apply that i just don't feel confident at all! No feeling at the end of the braking zone at the point of turning in. You don't have this same issue?
The physics model has changed, along with the tyres (same thing really). As a result your speeds could change, your braking distances could change, and the BoP changes could effect this too.

Ultimately though I'm able to run 1.35.2 around Dragon Trail while I used to be maxed at about a 1.36.0. Mazda Gr3. Braking feels different, no better or worse for me as far as effectiveness goes, my braking points are the same as before when on the limit, for me now there is better slow speed trail braking, grip "feel" and how it all behaves feels more intuitive.

DS4 steering has changes, re-adjustment of the sensitivity is needed for sure. I've had to bump mine up from 0 to 2.

Maybe if it's understeering on the brakes move the bias to the rear by 2, and use less brake to keep the car turning more.

Last edited:
The physics model has changed, along with the tyres (same thing really). As a result your speeds could change, your braking distances could change, and the BoP changes could effect this too.

Ultimately though I'm able to run 1.35.2 around Dragon Trail while I used to be maxed at about a 1.36.0. Mazda Gr3. Braking feels different, no better or worse for me as far as effectiveness goes, my braking points are the same as before when on the limit, for me now there is better slow speed trail braking, grip "feel" and how it all behaves feels more intuitive.

DS4 steering has changes, re-adjustment of the sensitivity is needed for sure. I've had to bump mine up from 0 to 2.

Maybe if it's understeering on the brakes move the bias to the rear by 2, and use less brake to keep the car turning more.

Using less brake to keep the car turning is THE thing i don't feel anymore!
I moved the brake bias from 4 to 2, and it helps a lot for me! With the old physics 4 was where i felt most comftable, but i think sinds it hase changed 2 is the way to go now. Don't feels the same as before, but a whole lot better than keeping the bias on 4! I think i'm gonna enjoy it again! Yes!

Using less brake to keep the car turning is THE thing i don't feel anymore!
I moved the brake bias from 4 to 2, and it helps a lot for me! With the old physics 4 was where i felt most comftable, but i think sinds it hase changed 2 is the way to go now. Don't feels the same as before, but a whole lot better than keeping the bias on 4! I think i'm gonna enjoy it again! Yes!
Top man glad you've cracked it :)

I kinda know what you mean. Being that I've never driven a race car IRL. But, I've been around it my whole life. My dad and grandfather raced. They always told me that when you are on the edge, it feels like the car may not hold the corner. Meaning, one mistake and you are in for a ride. They just trust their abilities and the car. That's how I feel after this update. I never felt like I was on edge before. I always felt I was pushing too hard, yet the car was handling it. It didn't feel right, but it was working.

Only tested the Porsche 911 RSR at Nurb GP so far but to me braking felt pretty much the same, maybe even slightly better since the update. I use logitech pedals with GTEYE mod, ABS to weak no TC and brake balance at 3.

Top man glad you've cracked it :)

Well, i tried Gr.3 and still struggeling.

Just had a Nation Cup race at Maggiore, and man... guys just flew past me while braking... i thought it was better with the bias on 2... it is better... but not how i like it... no feeling...:confused:

Well, i tried Gr.3 and still struggeling.

Just had a Nation Cup race at Maggiore, and man... guys just flew past me while braking... i thought it was better with the bias on 2... it is better... but not how i like it... no feeling...:confused:
Try setting ABS to weak if u havent tried already. Requires a little more precise input on entry and gives you a bit more control of the brake but still pretty manageable imo.

Try setting ABS to weak if u havent tried already. Requires a little more precise input on entry and gives you a bit more control of the brake but still pretty manageable imo.

I've tried al three settings... just don't seem to work for me....

Back