Brand new...One question

• Thread starter cbrown119
  • 3 comments
cbrown119
Hello,

I am a GT5 player and I have never tried Forza Motorsport.

I "heard" that with Windows 8, that it would be possible to play xbox games with the PC. With that being said....I might now have the opportunity to try Forza IFI decide to upgrade to Win 8... I don't own a xbox.

Here is my question:

Does anyone know if it is true that Windows 8 can play xbox games, specifically Forza Motorsport 4?

Looking at the Microsoft website, it says:

Xbox Games app

You can also find and buy games with the Xbox Games app that is built into Windows 8 and Windows RT. Open the Xbox Games app from the Start screen, sign in with the Microsoft account—it's the same thing as an Xbox ID—associated with your Gamertag, and start discovering amazing games.

Even if you don't own an Xbox 360, you can use the Xbox Games app to get blockbuster games you'll love to play and have fun socializing with your friends. You can view your game progress, earn awards and achievements, and see which Xbox friends are online and what they're playing.

Also, I don't know the difference between xbox and xbox 360 besides the 360 being newer. I am not familiar with the compatibility issues between them...In other words, the quote above states its for Xbox Games not Xbox 360 games, so I don't know whether or not Forza 4 would work on a PC since it is an Xbox 360 game. That is basically my question.

Thank you.

Hello,

I am a GT5 player and I have never tried Forza Motorsport.

I "heard" that with Windows 8, that it would be possible to play xbox games with the PC. With that being said....I might now have the opportunity to try Forza IFI decide to upgrade to Win 8... I don't own a xbox.

Here is my question:

Does anyone know if it is true that Windows 8 can play xbox games, specifically Forza Motorsport 4?

Unfortunately, you won't be able to play Forza 4, nor will you be able to play any other retail disc for the XBox 360. There will be a limited number of XBox 360 games released which you can play on Windows 8, there will also be support for some of the other apps on the XBox 360, but that's it. All will be download-based, and there's no support for XBox 360 retail discs at all. I'm afraid, you'll still need a XBox 360 to play Forza 4.

Get an X360 slim bud. With a chunky HDD, and a copy of FM4. Not that expensive. Try looking for a bundle. Doubt if you'll find one though. Well worth the price, these 2 items.

Back