Brand New to GT5 - Need help

  • Thread starter Thread starter WhiteRasta456
  • 9 comments
  • 1,142 views
Messages
12
Messages
WhiteRasta456
Hello all,

I recently got GT5 and I'm completely lost. I purchased it because I want to race online in multiplayer races.
Is there a way to race online with a decent car without ever having raced any of the A or B spec races or completed any licences etc? All I want to do is participate in multiplayer races but the one I joined was pointless because everyone smoked me with their super tuned race cars while I was stuck in my honda civic I bought at the begining.
Any help would be appreciated.

WR
 
Some tips: 1. Level up quickly and earn as much money as possible. 2. You will win better cars as prizes for races and passing license-tests. 3. You can add me as a friend and participate from my 840 cars. :)
 
Well, you can do shuffle races online, that will assign a random car to you and everyone should be somewhat equal but they are lower powered cars. You could ask people in the B-spec forum to remote race for you so you don't have to actually do anything but still get money and then can buy cars. There is an online garage you can choose from when online with preset cars but you can't add parts so you may be at a disadvantage still. Hope that helps.
 
Hello all,

I recently got GT5 and I'm completely lost. I purchased it because I want to race online in multiplayer races.
Is there a way to race online with a decent car without ever having raced any of the A or B spec races or completed any licences etc? All I want to do is participate in multiplayer races but the one I joined was pointless because everyone smoked me with their super tuned race cars while I was stuck in my honda civic I bought at the begining.
Any help would be appreciated.

WR

You'll have to do some A or B-spec races just to get credits so you can upgrade your car or the prize cars you win. You can also create a B-spec driver & race him against other B-spec drivers that belong to your online friends, or you can create your own online race. It's pretty hard to find a race for bone stock Civics.
 
You can also pick "recommended" cars, or host your own room while restricting the available cars.
 
If you go to recommended cars, you can use a Zonda R without doing anything.
 
Fastest way to progress and become loaded is....
1, Pass as many Licence Test's as it let's you...you will get cars, keep them
When it wants you to level up go to special event, you wont need to by anything for some of them.....this will give you the level jump to go back and sit more licences...
NOTE.......dont spend any money Yet..
2, Now take some of the cars they have given you and race them where you can..[ FREE RACING ].....This will give you more level's to go bact and sit more TEST'S
3, Complete all your tests useing this back and forth technique.
4, Complete all available race's with the cars they have given you [ you may have to tweek some of them ].....CHECK THEY ARE NOT NEEDED IN LATER RACES then SELL them all.

Now you should have about 500.000 to spend and can buy your Lambo and start to realy play the game......These 4 stages take about 5 hours if you dont strugle....

This is the quickest technique to money,cars,elidgeability.....

NOTE........ The cars you win in races are 90% of the time needed in later races so dont sell them till you've checked, IT WILL COST YOU MONEY IF YOU DO.
 
Last edited:
Hello all,

I recently got GT5 and I'm completely lost. I purchased it because I want to race online in multiplayer races.
Is there a way to race online with a decent car without ever having raced any of the A or B spec races or completed any licences etc? All I want to do is participate in multiplayer races but the one I joined was pointless because everyone smoked me with their super tuned race cars while I was stuck in my honda civic I bought at the begining.
Any help would be appreciated.

WR

Your original intent - to race online without doing A/B or License. Find some friends online. Under profile you can see what cars they have available to borrow online. Borrow one of their good cars and use it to race online. Better option. If you have many friends that race GT5 online set up a private lounge and find a time when you and your friends can race each other with similar cars. You avoid the bozos and bumper car people out there. Look for online race with pp or other restrictions on the races for more competitive situations. You will need decent suspension and tires to race your own cars online though.
 
Back