Brands Hatch GR4 under 630 PP

• Thread starter DaneTX
  • 9 comments
United States
United States
Could use some assistance here. I've been trying the Brands Hatch GR 4 race for a few days and simply can't win it.

So far I've tried:
Ftype Jag
GR Supra Race car
WRX
650S
M4
EVO Final

I do play with full assists because I'm old and haven't played the series since GT4. I'm having to run 'intermediate tires' to get under the PP 630. This seems to be the only race that they just keep pulling away no matter what they drive. I've been beaten by all the above, plus others.

Any assistance or tuning tips would be greatly appreciated.

Just put the ride height all the way up to low down the PP, even mess a little with it (front height - rear height), it doesn't really matter at this track.

I used the ferrari 458 with Praiano's tune, easy win for me. Consider that all assists makes you slower...
I'll look into that. I'm just not good enough without the assistance, but love playing GT again.

Pretty sure I did it in the GT500 supra, tuned for 730 originally through Praianos tunes. Took of the big boi turbo and played around with the power restrictor and the ECM to get it under 630, then fiddles with gearing a little. I know I was able to no-stop it on running lean 6/5 for the majority of the race. Making use of slipstream, short shifting, and engine braking through just about every turn.

Also if you are using the assist line + braking they are exceptionally bad on that course. Pretty sure turns 5 6 7 and 8 require far less brake than they suggest. (Note that the brake indicators are all bad to begin with, this track just seems to be worse than the others)
I'd also recommend turning off TCS. ABS is fine to have on since if you manage your brake pedal properly you get all the benefits if you weren't using it anyways, and if you brake to hard you dont lock up. TCS however inhibits your car pretty drastically, your corner exits will always be slower, and sometimes a little bit of slide can help you when you're on the edge. Find a tune/car that you can control and run the time trials a few times to get used to the track.

Last edited:
Are you really using the intermediate tires? If so, that's likely a big part of the problem. Pretty sure any GR 4 car with Racing Hard tires and the power output turned down to fit the PP can win. (I'm not sure if you have to purchase the "Fully Customizable Computer" to turn down the power in the ECU section of the tuning screen.)

The GTR is easy to drive and can get on the power pretty early, so can probably turn down the assists a bit also. I haven't tried any other AWD GR 4, but guessing your WRX or EVO should be similar.

Could use some assistance here. I've been trying the Brands Hatch GR 4 race for a few days and simply can't win it.

So far I've tried:
Ftype Jag
GR Supra Race car
WRX
650S
M4
EVO Final

I do play with full assists because I'm old and haven't played the series since GT4. I'm having to run 'intermediate tires' to get under the PP 630. This seems to be the only race that they just keep pulling away no matter what they drive. I've been beaten by all the above, plus others.

Update: Finally with the GT-R, I completed this race with 629.90 PP. I messed with the suspension and transmission until I could use Racing hard tires and a med rpm turbo....may have simply got lucky with the ai cars too.

Wanted to thank y'all that gave me input.

So far I've tried:
Ftype Jag
GR Supra Race car
WRX
650S
M4
EVO Final

Very technical circuit! I am old, but I don't trust the assists because they might undermine what I am trying to do. That said, I have yet to win, but today is my first day at Sport. I have practised Brands's Hatch -- "Arcade-Quick Race vs AI" I think it is termed -- countless times as it and Dragon Trail are my faves.
I think it is a good idea to do a whole bunch of stints with AI, and watch replays of the faster drivers. See what they do.
But I feel for ya bud as racing can be so frustrating. I actually sweat and I am sure my blood pressure would shock my doctor! I think therein lies another tip -- for me-- anyway: Don't worry about winning. That is what I try to tell myself.
Seldom works!

Very technical circuit! I am old, but I don't trust the assists because they might undermine what I am trying to do. That said, I have yet to win, but today is my first day at Sport. I have practised Brands's Hatch -- "Arcade-Quick Race vs AI" I think it is termed -- countless times as it and Dragon Trail are my faves.
I think it is a good idea to do a whole bunch of stints with AI, and watch replays of the faster drivers. See what they do.
But I feel for ya bud as racing can be so frustrating. I actually sweat and I am sure my blood pressure would shock my doctor! I think therein lies another tip -- for me-- anyway: Don't worry about winning. That is what I try to tell myself.
Seldom works!
Winning is everything! Nah, I actually learned a lot since posting this originally. I'm also very impressed with the age range of gamers these days. I personally don't play online, but the input and comments have come from across the board. Wish I would have had support with Atari and NES back in the day.

Winning is everything! Nah, I actually learned a lot since posting this originally. I'm also very impressed with the age range of gamers these days. I personally don't play online, but the input and comments have come from across the board. Wish I would have had support with Atari and NES back in the day.
I only raced offline (GTS) until today! Raced Brand's Hatch a few times and green as I am (online stuff) I got penalized for not pitting! Thought I was good running P2! The final tally landed me 4th at best. Surprised that a couple of drivers punted me! AI was never so rude. Ha Ha. I appreciate your finding of the "age range". Old dogz new tricks replaces the contrarian :"Too old to learn." Older racers might well have had hundreds of thousands of miles of REAL DRIVING experience, with likely, numerous vehicles. The real thing and skills acquired actually driving a real car can benefit a virtual driver. "Atari". Now we are dating ourselves. I'm with ya bud. Speaking of Brand's Hatch, I was hatched in the early 50s.

Latest Posts

Back