Break in engines online...

  • Thread starter Thread starter sonic378
  • 10 comments
  • 901 views
Messages
271
United States
Kansas
Messages
sonic378
I searched but I couldn't find an answer.
How do you break your engine in online?
 
You can't have searched very hard as it's a topic that has been discussed to no end :lol:

However I'll answer you regardless:

You need to have Tyre & Fuel wear ON in order for the Kilometres/Miles to count.

Special Stage Route X is a great place to break cars in or if you prefer it to be a touch more 'exciting' you can do it on SSR7.
 
Most people break in cars in by running B Spec events...
 
Engine wear only takes effect in races, not when you just leave the pits and drive around.
 
You know, don't know if this has been fixed or not (or whether it's actually an issue for most), but early on when GT5 had just been released, I found online breaking in not to be as 'reliable' as breaking in a car offline, sure the mileage went up but it didn't have the similar effect.
Meaning that some cars which had done significantly more miles than the required 300km/180miles for a full break in, still hadn't achieved their peak power (which they eventually did after doing plenty of miles more).
As a result I break my cars in offline first before going online with them ever since noticing this discrepancy occurring sometimes (not all times though).
 
There needs to be more than one car in the race too, unless my game glitched on me when I checked it several dozen moons ago.
 
I just let bob run a car around the laguna seca endurance race if I needed a car broken in. It's nearly the exact amount of miles you need to get the car at peak hp.
 
Thanks alot for your replies guys! I'm going to start hosting more break in rooms more often. My next car will be the Scuderia. :)
 
Below is exactly what I do overnight if I want a car broken in.
I just let bob run a car around the laguna seca endurance race if I needed a car broken in. It's nearly the exact amount of miles you need to get the car at peak hp.



But the tire wear and fuel consumption has to be on if you are not doing b-spec (so a-spec wouldn't work), and just finish the races. That's all you need for the engine to break in. 👍
 
I personally use the Grand Valley 300km endurance race to break in all of my vehicles 👍

Leave that going and go out for a couple hours.
 
I searched but I couldn't find an answer.
How do you break your engine in online?

If you mean break it as can't run for a certain amount of time? Then set the mechanical Damages to real. :)
 
Back