Breathing new life.. now with video

• Thread starter Mr Grumpy
  • 3 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi fellas,
Just come back to GT6 after a month away to finish tuning up some motors.

Anyway I arrived at my Toyota nascar collection & was about to throw them in the stockyard (because I'm not a lover of nascar) however, I am a lover of V8 supercars so I looked up the specs of the V8 series & set my nascar up as close as possible.
I raised the ride height, softened the suspension a little & added a little more downforce to cope with bumpy twisty tracks, then dropped the power to 600bhp

(V8's are around 630bhp but I got OCD so). Anyway I took to Bathurst against the AI & wow I was pleasantly surprised, ok the AI was a little slow in corners but what a great race... I came 2nd :)

The next race I decided to up the difficulty so I re-entered the race at 700bhp so the AI would copy, then once in the main screen I dropped mine back down to 600bhp, again WOW another great race.... this time the AI were a little quicker in the corners so I came 4th but I recommend you fellas give it a go either against the AI or online against a few pals.

I did save the replays to show you but I'm struggling to upload ATM but I'll keep trying.

Anyways it's good to be back :)

Sorry for terrible quality & no sound, 1st time uploading + it was recorded last night on my phone during quiet time (kids asleep).

I'll try again later from PS3.

Last edited:
Hi fellas,
Just come back to GT6 after a month away to finish tuning up some motors.

Anyway I arrived at my Toyota nascar collection & was about to throw them in the stockyard (because I'm not a lover of nascar) however, I am a lover of V8 supercars so I looked up the specs of the V8 series & set my nascar up as close as possible.
I raised the ride height, softened the suspension a little & added a little more downforce to cope with bumpy twisty tracks, then dropped the power to 600bhp

(V8's are around 630bhp but I got OCD so). Anyway I took to Bathurst against the AI & wow I was pleasantly surprised, ok the AI was a little slow in corners but what a great race... I came 2nd :)

The next race I decided to up the difficulty so I re-entered the race at 700bhp so the AI would copy, then once in the main screen I dropped mine back down to 600bhp, again WOW another great race.... this time the AI were a little quicker in the corners so I came 4th but I recommend you fellas give it a go either against the AI or online against a few pals.

I did save the replays to show you but I'm struggling to upload ATM but I'll keep trying.

Anyways it's good to be back :)

Welcome back Mr Grumpy!!

Glad to see others enjoying NASCAR away from ovals.
Our online group quite often run NASCAR on other tracks, mainly around Bathurst, and they are very competitive.
Usually run at 581pp to help make a sensible ride.
Gotta say that once you have a good tune and master the handling characteristics, these are a lot of fun and sound great!

The cup cars are fun around Bathurst. I had fun before with the controller, but then I tried it with the wheel and apart from the tricky Manuel shifter (mostly due to the unstable little desk I got), It really became amazing.

Back