Breathing

in my soccer game near the end i had problems. i never do. it was cold out and i was thinking that was the culpret (spelling). it felt like my lungs were closing up. any body have or had this problem? any solutions? btw i dont have asthma so that aint it.

I used to get that in cold weather - quite severe pain in the lungs when exercising hard. I haven't had since I started running. I think it's just the lungs working harder with the denser air (air is denser when it's cold), and when your lungs are stronger (i.e. you're fitter) you get it less.

This is perfectly normal to experience. It's just your body's natural reaction to the cold. It happens to everyone, some just have it happen at a less extreme and some can take it more than others, you just have to remember that your body works off of the rythm of your heartbeat and thats how you should try to breath.

A rythm will help keep you in the game longer, its as simple as breathing in your nose and out your mouth. If you are really stickler about it and want to match your heart beat then you should try breathing in, hold it for two beats and let it out.

Hope this helps

Semper Fidelis
Shadow Drifter

Back