Bridge to Gantry

• Thread starter R3LF1313
  • 10 comments
United States
United States
As someone who dreams of visiting the Nurburgring, I think it is a great idea that PD includes the tourist layout of the 'ring so that we can simulate touristenfahrten in time trial, but does anyone else feel like they missed the mark with the way this lap is timed? I don't want to go speeding through the ticket line, but i would also like to compare times of different cars, etc.

Not a huge deal, but if anyone is listening, Bridge to Gantry timing would be more realistic and better, more useful information. Thoughts?

I agree that a Bride to Gantry system would be a smarter way to handle lap times. PD might need to put a brief disclaimer because some players could be confused about the timing method.

True, it would be sort of like a point to point course but with a way to drive back to the start. I was thinking about this after I posted and it occurred to me that if you did this in an online practice lobby it would really be like TF, and if people took it easy like they should through the ticket lane and cones you might end up with some traffic....a driving simulator where you simulate waiting in a queue...why does that strike me as awesome?! Lol

Not a huge deal, but if anyone is listening, Bridge to Gantry timing would be more realistic and better, more useful information.
Absolutely. It would be pretty deadly if RL worked the same way; after Gantry, everyone is supposed to slow down and go back to where they entered the track, simple as that. Kunos got it right easily, not sure why Polyphony can't do the same. Opening the parking lot shouldn't be too hard..

but it‘s bridge to bridge :banghead:
And that defies the logic behind the Tourist shorter layout (19.17 km). RaceRoom is another game that got it right:
http://game.raceroom.com/store/tracks/all/nordschleife

nordschleife-tourist-5093-image-small.png

24979837834_23e93347d3_b.jpg

On a side note - the timing on the full lap layout doesn't match real life either, since the finish line is actually about 200 meters before the start line. Thus making chasing industry lap times difficult, since you'll be driving a 2-3 second longer lap.
That's right. The end of industry lap times is right after the last corner and that should be fixed as well. And I still can't understand why the timing of the Tourist Layout is so wrong.

Edit: Wait a minute; what if the game's code cannot handle two different start/finish lines? Absolutely strange but would explain the current situation..

Last edited:
Yes it could because it sees them as two different tracks. So that should not be a problem.
Possible, even if that's the only thing I could think of (because both layouts share the same issues in terms of timing)

Anyway, my hopes for a fix are quite low. If they planned to sort them out, they would have already done that by now.

Back