"Bright Light! Bright Light!"

  • Thread starter Thread starter teth75
  • 14 comments
  • 2,073 views
Messages
215
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
Messages
Teth75
As mentioned many times on here the lights just don't work on some night tracks ( i speak mainly of willow springs ).
Was using the BRZ GT300 Base model and couldn't believe how bright the lights are! it's like the tracks floodlit. When u flash lights it goes completely black for a 1/4 second lol

Anybody else know of cars with bright lights? And which cars have the most useless lights?
 
I think Zonda LM is a car with good bright headlights. You can also turn them more brighter as every standard can. Another may be M3 GT2. :)
 
I found the Tuscan Speed 6 road car had terrible headlights at Bathurst. I don't know if it was just at Bathurst or all tracks, but I couldn't race with it.
 
Really? How?

High beam toggle. You should see the headlight indicator turn from green to blue...or from blue to green!
 
High beam toggle. You should see the headlight indicator turn from green to blue...or from blue to green!
But there on high by default aren't they?
 
Toyota Minolta has useless lights. The Audi Quattro S1 lights are good.
 
I think the premium cars have better lights. I could be wrong though
 
I think the premium cars have better lights. I could be wrong though

It's a fair assumption, but like I said about the Tuscan - couldn't race at all at Bathurst. Then switched to the Evora and suddenly I could see.
 
Anybody else know of cars with bright lights? And which cars have the most useless lights?
HKS Mits CT230R LOOKs like it has lights, but doesn't. Yet the blue high-beam indicator is on on the dash. This was a bummer for me as I wanted to use it for Nurb 24.
 
HKS Mits CT230R LOOKs like it has lights, but doesn't. Yet the blue high-beam indicator is on on the dash. This was a bummer for me as I wanted to use it for Nurb 24.

In real life the HKS Evo doesn't have functioning lights either. I think they might be painted or what not.

Think about it, it's a time attack car so headlights aren't useful on a car like that so they prolly got binned to save weight.
 
In real life the HKS Evo doesn't have functioning lights either. I think they might be painted or what not.

Think about it, it's a time attack car so headlights aren't useful on a car like that so they prolly got binned to save weight.
I have no idea what the "real life" purpose of the car is, I just think it'd be nice to know before completing the first lap at the 'Ring and darkness falls:lol:
 
I recall the DB9 used to have a dire lighting system in GT5, in which is you switched from main beam to full, you lost the light from the main beam and it was replaced by the long distance full beam. Which resulted in very poor visibility as the road wasn't lit, and the lights were almost yellow in colour. Don't know if this has been fixed, but it made the car undrivable at night, both in and out of the interior.
 
I have no idea what the "real life" purpose of the car is, I just think it'd be nice to know before completing the first lap at the 'Ring and darkness falls:lol:

:lol:

Indeed.
 
But there on high by default aren't they?
They are dipped by default. :) Just like @PIP_36 said, you can toggle to high beam during night. I raced my Zonda LM in my online championship. I was racing at various tracks on night/sunset like Brands Hatch, Daytona or Apricot Hill. And I could see alot by a wide and long distance.
 
Back