Brilliant random lobby races. Why?

• Thread starter mattikake
  • 4 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Lately every time I load up GT7 I seem to find myself in a superb, close, respectful public lobby race. But I can't work out why this is happening...

Has the improved physics and ffb helped everyone? Are the casual players losing interest? I'm building up a friends list of good players (but it's not many)? Maybe a mental list of good lobby hosts? It has to be more than coincidence.

For the past year I could literally spend hours looking for a decent lobby. Now I find them without effort, so much so I've been uploading videos like mad (by my standards). I don't want it to be just good luck. I want this to continue.

Anyone finding the same?

I mean, I can't even remember the last time I had a monza t1 pile up E.g.

Japanese lobby

US lobby

GTrelmracing (shout out)

I'm wondering if it's worth building a list of known good players here?

Last edited:
If you find good groups to race with, just send them friend requests after the race. That way you can find their lobbies again easier on another day, with the “friends lobbies” option.

Is it possible that we get steered toward lobbies whose hosts have similar driver/sportsmanship ratings as us? If so, increasing your ratings would result in better quality lobbies.

I managed yet another last night (below). Something has changed or progressed. Certainly some of it is me and the changes in the game. I just can't put my finger on it. I know that I am meeting the same people again and again. Maybe we're simply getting to know each other and learning when we're online subconsciously?

Usually I had to join communities for good racing but the standard seems spread still.

Not just the lobbies though. I did my first daily race for a couple of months yesterday and race A at Goodwood was really clean and verging on polite. So much so that when I nudged the leader on the last lap, held off to let him recover and carried on racing to the finish then apologised in the chat, he said it was his fault for ”having a moment” and having to brake too hard!

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back