mclarenLB
Premium
- 1,116

- Sheffield
- LewisBentley6
Just like last time with Best of the UK, I making a thread to report on the results of BSC because, hey, I heard you guys like watching good racing 
So over the last few days we had qualifiers for the full season, we had 20 drivers taking part and obviously we can only have 16 in a GT Sport lobby, so I came up with a qualifying format so narrow this down. Everyone raced in groups of 4, the top 3 from each group qualified for the full season. Each group had a pretty evenly matched spread of different DR drivers (practically everyone was A+, but y'know 70k, 60k, 50k etc.) to give everyone a fair shot at qualifying and so there weren't any 'overpowered' groups.
These smaller groups and shorter races created incredible short bursts of racing, I was honestly surprised at just how good the battles were and so many of the groups resolved themselves naturally (We had contact penalties off and were considering penalties manually). We didn't even need make any offtrack decisions until the 3rd Night (that all got a bit controversial, but we'll get to that when we get to that
).
So rather than post a bunch of meaningless results table and write what happened, I'm just gonna let you watch went on. I'm gonna be reporting on each of the nights in a form of a YouTube overview (with commentary, yeah this is a first for me
) where I cut out all the unnecessary stuff and leave you with a 'highlighted' version of the races.
And hey, I already did the first night (this took me hours, aaaaa YouTube is hard, new respect found for good commentators and editors
) and will add everything else, both the qualifiers and the season itself to this thread as it happens. (Whats the point of having some of the best racing in GT Sport if nobody sees it? Seriously we are putting the World Tour to shame here
)
Absolutely huge thanks to everyone who competed for making this so good, all 20 drivers showed up to their group, special thanks to the guys in the Last Chance round for being great sports after the decision.
And yeah, we are just getting started, Night 2 and 3 to come soon, and then on with the full season! 👍
So over the last few days we had qualifiers for the full season, we had 20 drivers taking part and obviously we can only have 16 in a GT Sport lobby, so I came up with a qualifying format so narrow this down. Everyone raced in groups of 4, the top 3 from each group qualified for the full season. Each group had a pretty evenly matched spread of different DR drivers (practically everyone was A+, but y'know 70k, 60k, 50k etc.) to give everyone a fair shot at qualifying and so there weren't any 'overpowered' groups.
These smaller groups and shorter races created incredible short bursts of racing, I was honestly surprised at just how good the battles were and so many of the groups resolved themselves naturally (We had contact penalties off and were considering penalties manually). We didn't even need make any offtrack decisions until the 3rd Night (that all got a bit controversial, but we'll get to that when we get to that
So rather than post a bunch of meaningless results table and write what happened, I'm just gonna let you watch went on. I'm gonna be reporting on each of the nights in a form of a YouTube overview (with commentary, yeah this is a first for me
And hey, I already did the first night (this took me hours, aaaaa YouTube is hard, new respect found for good commentators and editors
Absolutely huge thanks to everyone who competed for making this so good, all 20 drivers showed up to their group, special thanks to the guys in the Last Chance round for being great sports after the decision.
And yeah, we are just getting started, Night 2 and 3 to come soon, and then on with the full season! 👍