British Superstars Championship - Season 1 (Qualifying Stage)

• Thread starter mclarenLB
  • 42 comments
Quite pleased with my improvements tonight, glad to see I'm not horrendously off-pace lol. Just need to string the laps together as I was able to run purple in sectors 1, 2 and 3.

I'll update the OP schedule and Final Roster when we are done, updates until then will go into the PSN Group Chat we have. Amazing Night 1 racing though folks, loved it :)

New thread for this as we are starting fresh, we ran into some roster issues with the previous layout which was my fault for running a stupid qualifying system. The 'Season 0' (as I am now calling it) did give us the opportunity to live test the series, and it should run lovely and smooth from now on as a result of those couple test weeks, thanks to all who turned up to those. Anyway...

Welcome to the British Superstars Championship, where the goal is to get as many of the most talented drivers from the UK into a series of races, as well as promoting some of the most clean and fair racing in GT Sport.

SEASON 1 QUALIFIER

Any British Driver with an A Driver Rating or higher, and an S Sportsmanship Rating can register for the qualifier, either drop your PSN below or message me on PSN (mclaren6), and you will be added to the list of registered drivers. You will need to maintain a minimum of A DR and S SR, as those will be the join restrictions on the lobby.

So unlike the qualifying system I used last time, all 16 seats are up for grabs in the qualifier, the qualifying event will run during the Week 11th June-17th June at a date and time to suit as many participants as possible.

For the qualifier, we are using a heat system, the advantages of this are a) we can run different peoples qualifiers at different times, so not everyone will need to be available at once, and b) the qualifier can facilitate up to 32 players, as opposed to just running 1 lobby.

So, everyone that registers for the qualifier will be put into a group of 4 (each of these groups of 4 will be balanced by Driver Rating seeding), each group of 4 will then do 2 races (detailed below), 1st, 2nd and 3rd from each group will qualify for the full season, 4th place finishers will be put into a last chance race for any remaining seats.

We are using Kyoto Driving Park for Qualifying Races as it is a great track for battling and is not featured in the full seasons calendar.

A few days before the qualifier, all participants will invited to a PSN Group Text Chat, which will be used for getting the lobbies together, general chatting and probably memes.

QUALIFYING RACE 1
Toyota S-FR (N100 BoP)
Kyoto Driving Park - Miyabi
8 Laps
SM Tyres
Grid in Driver Rating Order

QUALIFYING RACE 2
Audi R8 LMS (Gr3 BoP)
Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa + Miyabi
4 Laps
RH Tyres
Grid in Reverse Driver Rating Order

LOBBY SETTINGS
Grid Start
No Boost
Real Slipstream
No Mechanical Damage
No Tyre Wear/Fuel Consumption
Real Grip Reduction
No Tuning
Nations Cup Car Number
Strong Shortcut Penalties
No Contact Penalties (Penalty Points will see to this)
Flag Rules On
No Ghosted Lapped Cars
No Reset Vehicle/Correct Course
All Assists with the exception of ABS are Prohibited

POINTS (PER RACE)
1st: 3
2nd: 2
3rd: 1
4th: 0

In the event of a position tie after both races, the higher finisher in Race 2 will come out on top.

Penalty Points will be applied for any dirty or underhanded driving tactics. A full penalty chart will be provided before the event.

GROUPS
HpAFb31.png

HpAkSEO.png

SEASON 1 DETAILS

A calendar and full details will be provided after the qualifier, but here are some things you should know now:

- The Season will run for 10 weeks, with a round of the season each week, however like the FIA championships, only around half of these weeks will count towards each players championship total. (So you could miss 3/4 weeks and its no problem, we all have lives :))
- The Season will start around the time FIA does (estimated mid-june)
- The Schedule will be designed to suit as many drivers as possible, and will not clash in any way with the FIA schedule.
- The runtime (i.e time you need to be available for) each week will be 2 hours or less.
- Certain aspects of the seasons lobby settings (Damage, Penalties) will be decided by the final roster as a collective vote.
- The calendar features a wide variety of cars and tracks, with a few more relaxed races thrown in to break it up.

There will be a couple things I've missed, so if anything is unclear or you have any questions, I'll be able to answer them.

Sign me up please

is it too late to take part in this ?

keep me in mind for next season please

Last edited:
Back