I changed my settings from stock to simulation/lvl 8 feedback last night and while making a correction during an online drift session I heard the wheel make a bad grinding noise. Now it grinds whenever I turn the wheel no matter.
If I'm at a menu and turn it all the way to the left or right and let it recenter itself it grinds badly to the home position and doesn't even center itself anymore. Also when I turn on the PS3 or turn GT5 off and let the wheel do it's fancy wake up turn to the right and left and back center it's nowhere near as spunky. The high pitched whine has been replaced by the same droll grind and it rarely completes the wakeup/powerdown event back to the center.
And for some driving reference, was doing a NASCAR race and once I get it up over 180 mph or so and am making the small steering changes needed to drive in traffic and get around other drivers all the smoothness of the wheel is gone. It's more like it clicks into different degrees of steering now rather than let me put the wheel exactly where I want it.
Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas on a remedy? I'm going to contact Logitech today to see what they say. Round 2 of Academy is right around the corner and I don't wanna lose like this
If I'm at a menu and turn it all the way to the left or right and let it recenter itself it grinds badly to the home position and doesn't even center itself anymore. Also when I turn on the PS3 or turn GT5 off and let the wheel do it's fancy wake up turn to the right and left and back center it's nowhere near as spunky. The high pitched whine has been replaced by the same droll grind and it rarely completes the wakeup/powerdown event back to the center.
And for some driving reference, was doing a NASCAR race and once I get it up over 180 mph or so and am making the small steering changes needed to drive in traffic and get around other drivers all the smoothness of the wheel is gone. It's more like it clicks into different degrees of steering now rather than let me put the wheel exactly where I want it.
Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas on a remedy? I'm going to contact Logitech today to see what they say. Round 2 of Academy is right around the corner and I don't wanna lose like this