Broken G25

• Thread starter bullie77
  • 0 comments
GTP_bullie77
For quite some time now I've notice some difficulty in downshifting with the wheel pad (left hander). For what I understand this actuates on an internal switch, and that switch, occasionally, get momentaneously "stuck" causing you to miss a downshift when you are reducing, for example, from 5th to 2nd gear. This however doesn't happen all the time and strangely enough it hasn't be an issuel for the last few weeks.

Another thing happened however yesterday - I got erratic functioning on both gas and brake pedals!

On the gas pedal, sometimes, while putting the "pedal to the metal" on a big straight the in-game graph shows clearly that the input is not continous, meaning the bar flicks on the top, like when you put more or less pressure on the pedal. This happens even if I push with all strenght the pedal to the bottom.

The other thing (brake) is even more awkward: the brakes operate by itself while accelerating. On a straight, all gas in, and the red graph bar appears a little bit on the bottom like I'm tapping the gas pedal - my foot isn't even on it! This is very well visible driving in 3rd person view since you can see the brake lights flickering due to it (and anyone who drives behind me would also see it).

So basically I'm handicaped with the wheel since not being able to keep continously the top speed added to the tapping effect on brakes on straights causes a reduced top speed.

As any of you G25 users ever got this symptoms? And what was the solution if any?

Back