Brooklands - One of the original super speedways!

• Thread starter Akwaaba
  • 6 comments
United Kingdom
London/Malaysia/Tunisia
Waizon/v8stage1/
It would be awesome to have the old circuits or original layouts of existing tracks. PD have the capability to produce old circuits. I would love them to produce a 1920s Brooklands, and a reimaged updated version (if it was still being used!)

broo.gif

It was a truly scary circuit
brooklands_1447436c.jpg

it is sad that Brooklands can't be rebuilt (A supermarket is in the way!)
191218_23b0bb0c.jpg

How it is now!
brooklands.jpg

and if you are interested, James May (of Top Gear)

Last edited:
In his youth, my father was a Mechanic and used to work on racing cars (and Bikes!!) at Brooklands (just pre WWII).
It's a great shame that the circuit has been left to rot. But perhaps it was seen as just too dangerous to race on, with speeds constantly increasing.

It would be a great addition to the GT history, if Brooklands was added to the track list. I'm sure that there are hundreds of photographs that would enable Polyphony to re-create the full track, or make a close approximation.

But, as GP writes, you'd also need to add some Racers from the 1920's / 1930's to make it totally historically accurate.
Bentleys at Brooklands...Wow !!!

http://www.brooklandsmuseum.com/index.php?

Basher

Last edited:
As this was the FIRST purpose built racetrack in the world then I think it should be included C/W infield'
I would very love to have it!!

It would be nice to have this track and an appropriate car to come with the track would be the car which holds the lap record of 143.44mph (October 1935) - John Cobb's 24 litre Napier Railton Special. The car was designed by Reid Railton and features a Napier Lion broad arrow 12 - like a splayed out V8 with an extra bank of 4 cylinders down the middle. It was capable of 168mph, but only had brakes on the rear wheels!

It could also be used in a special event about the land speed record: lots of records were set at Brooklands when its long straight was still long enough

It was THE original race track, also include the Campbell Circuit infield section that was added later...can't believe this isn't in a game yet.

Back