browser crashes on backspace

United States
Pennsylvania
wat3rm370n
Sometimes when I'm in the composition/reply/edit text box, and try to backspace, the browser crashes & closes.

I use the rich text editor.
And it seems to happen when I'm backspacing into code. For example, the numbered list or a link or enlarged text.
But I'm not even sure about that, it's just a guess, and could be a coincidence.

Mac OS X 10.7.5
Firefox 36.0.1

This has been happening for I'd say about a week or more, but I'm not sure. I just know it started happening recently, and happens not frequently, but fairly regularly.

I'm not sure what would cause this. There haven't been any changes to the editor for a month or so.

It could be going on for a month now, to be honest, and maybe it just started getting on my nerves last week when I started overhauling a club thread OP, and had to do it incrementally constantly saving because that was happening.
I just really couldn't say when the first time it started.

That's also when I noticed for sure the crashes were preceded by using the BACKSPACE specifically.
(It's always the backspace key that does it.)

All I know is it seems to happen in clusters.
I've tried closing other things, updating the browser, but it just seems to happen at random.

No clue if it's the browser or the forum or somehow the combination of the two together.

Mainly I just posted about it here to see if anyone else has had this problem, or if it just turns out to be only me.
Could be just me!

Back