"Browser unsupported".....decal won't upload......

• Thread starter handcuff_
  • 7 comments
United States
United States
Is it seriously so hard to write and assign correct error messages for these devs??
After uploading a thousand decals on this very same browser, I have done something wrong in the creation of a new decal in inkscape and the uploader doesnt like it. Any guesses what I did wrong?

So annoying, this game is so half-assed.

Turns out the file size exceeded 15k.
SVGOMG is showing very incorrect file sizes after it runs its script
Svgomg is never correct for output size, and that error is almost always size related. It took me a bit the first time to figure that out.

Svgomg is never correct for output size, and that error is almost always size related. It took me a bit the first time to figure that out.
It has been a long while since I uploaded anything, so I couldn't remember. I didn't know SVGOMG was inaccurate though, I guess my decals files were always small enough to clear the margin of error. The error I frequently got back when I uploaded most of my decals was the blank "successful" upload.

It has been a long while since I uploaded anything, so I couldn't remember. I didn't know SVGOMG was inaccurate though, I guess my decals files were always small enough to clear the margin of error. The error I frequently got back when I uploaded most of my decals was the blank "successful" upload.
I usually will need to see 4.7kb or lower on svgomg to hit under 15. I use iPad for everything so I don’t know if a computer gets an accurate reading.

I usually will need to see 4.7kb or lower on svgomg to hit under 15. I use iPad for everything so I don’t know if a computer gets an accurate reading.
Do you have 'compare Gzipped' turned on? It's always accurate for me.

1671385704160.png

Turns out the file size exceeded 15k.
SVGOMG is showing very incorrect file sizes after it runs its script
On the site (or wherever you do it) you have to turn off gzipped. It's showing a compressed file size, not the true size. The true size is what has to be under 15k

Back