BS racers...

• Thread starter Groundfish
  • 23 comments

Groundfish

(Banned)
United States
United States
Are a definite mixed bag. You have intentionally dirty, you have clean and slow, clean and fast, fast and sketchy...
Actually, if you are not like some of us on here with like over thirty days drive time into this game I really think CS is a great class.
Generally, CS you have guys sincerely trying to race well and fair.
I’ve never run across dirty in a full CS room.
Any sr below 99 is a complete crapshoot...

I just wanted to make a place to discuss the levels in game and typical characteristics of those players.
For example below AS level imo players make a lot of fundamental mistakes in racecraft.
Racecraft to me could mean at times prioritizing where on track you personally want to be fast depending on situation.
I would say mid b and below players really haven’t (talking the majority) figured out that often you have to back off to get a run and make the easy overtake.
Think of the ai at the bus stop on Seaside. Go in on their butt and you get the brake check. In order to pass them cleanly you have to kind of think ahead.
Anyhow. I think even @Sven Jurgens could see a huge difference in racing quality last week at Nurb depending on rating. Matchmaking isn’t perfect at all, but does work. I noticed reading your comments man how concerned you were about staying top lobby because the racing is so much more predictable.
Anyways post away! I think you see when running an alt account the similar traits of the various levels, and while I think the system could use more improvement and is not there yet, it IS functional and overall just imagine no system at all.
I wouldn’t play the game without matchmaking...
Thoughts anyone?

I think d to c to b a few thoughts.
Turn on the line cones and markers.
Like on the alt, I am still learning Big Willow so I ran the line and tcs default the whole time.
I always use the line if I don’t feel I know where the groove is on track.
People discount tcs because it cuts power if you floor it with too much steering angle. But modulating throttle with it on works pretty well.
Imo it’s better than running some of these gr3 and 4 and being scared of the loud pedal.
What I do is leave it on default and go ahead and play with how early and how much throttle I can use.
Even the best and most calm players get worked up in the heat of battle and goose it too soon sometimes. I’d rather have that power cut and lose a spot or two than an off and having my race ruined.
Over time better for ratings. Plus, when not if when there’s contact it’s almost like stability control further preventing an off.
The other thing is sometimes it’s best to drive in a way you can repeat vs going for that super perfect corner.
A lot of times I will give up tenths here and there to know I can do it every time vs trying to be perfect and risking a spin or off.
Also if you do get up to experiencing the mixed bag that is BS you will have to get more awareness and learn to drive defensively when needed just for general self and rating preservation.
For DS CS BS imo line plus tcs should always be on, unless you have a combo really dialed in.
No tcs is not a good thing if you are 4 or more seconds off the bottom of top ten.
If you hold the line slow down when appropriate and throttle on exit at least you will get consistency. Jmo

I don't think it matters what rank you are. My last few races in the Manu series were extremely clean and my daily races at Interlagos last week were as well. Mind you we had a lot of side-by-side racing in tight turns. I just think it depends on who you are racing. Some people don't like being passed and some others find any contact, no matter how small, to be entirely out-of-bounds. Some others are just out to create chaos no matter what. It's all the luck of the draw.

Keith.

I got bored with A/S on Spa. I like to learn the track while racing yet matchmaking puts me up against a full room of A+ and high DR.A while my level at Spa is DR.C / DR.B at best for now. The annoying thing is when any A/S driver somehow got behind me they simply put there bumper on your inside and push you out of the way through the corner. That's an A/S trait I see all the time. A+ is more of the drive right on your bumper variety and either let lag do the work or blame the car ahead for braking too early or not getting out of the way. DR.B tries to avoid contact, have plenty speed and control and are generally fun to compete against.

Anyway I reset my DR by doing donuts for a race on Spa. Starting there now at D/E. Now I get to finish the race at least.

D/S predictably early/over braking
C/S conservative lines middle of the road
B/S contact free
A/S rubbing is racing
A+/S sniffing your bumper

When it comes to the behavior of the drivers around you, I think this deserves some consideration -->
upload_2019-11-4_14-52-17.png

When it comes to the behavior of the drivers around you, I think this deserves some consideration -->
View attachment 862823

Sometimes drivers do look at each other as targets. Lol.
Definitely though when you get up to 30k plus, you better be reDAY. I will say A S all A S rooms, usually only found in FIA in my experience, you can rest assured people have very good control.
I kinda like the C S. I’ve been in a few C S rooms and tbh it’s enjoyable.
B S is too, but when you get say mid high B S it gets more intense.

I suppose what I was getting at, is that when I'm using my alt account and doing no-quali races for fun, and somebody runs into me, I think "That guy must have made a mistake or lost control. No big deal". :)

When I'm racing seriously, and trying to win with a good Q time, same thing happens and I think "That son of a ..... Better not happen again". :mad:

My point is when I'm suspicious of everyone, and expecting attacks, I'm more likely to perceive every little thing as being dirty.

I suppose what I was getting at, is that when I'm using my alt account and doing no-quali races for fun, and somebody runs into me, I think "That guy must have made a mistake or lost control. No big deal". :)

When I'm racing seriously, and trying to win with a good Q time, same thing happens and I think "That son of a ..... Better not happen again". :mad:

My point is when I'm suspicious of everyone, and expecting attacks, I'm more likely to perceive every little thing as being dirty.

Roger that, and it’s a good true point. Just had to try to be a comedian Yano.
I’m actually not doing a no qual on my alt this C. I’m gonna qual. I did qual for SPA. I honestly don’t like starting way back back, personally sometimes.
I dunno, I’ve always been ever mid pack mostly over my gt career. I just don’t like being held up really bad.
I think I learn tracks better in the race too...
People sometimes on this site treat midpack like it’s the devil. It can be. But it can also be quite fun...

I gotta say too, only reason I haven’t talked of other sr is I just don’t have much in game experience with ABCD sr.
It’s on topic though. I will probably hang back and see what grows on this seed I planted for a while.
Been posting too much lately for sure...

As a damned perma low 10 to 20k B and high 90's S I almost without exception encounter nothing but great clean racing.
An occasional drop back to dr C results in nothing more than a boring as heck race all on my own for a 3 star victory that puts me straight back to B.
I firmly believe low dr B 99 S is where the good stuff is at.

As a damned perma low 10 to 20k B and high 90's S I almost without exception encounter nothing but great clean racing.
An occasional drop back to dr C results in nothing more than a boring as heck race all on my own for a 3 star victory that puts me straight back to B.
I firmly believe low dr B 99 S is where the good stuff is at.
I guess that's why I never have any problems on the track when I use my Australian account. It's at about 20k.

I'm not minding being at high B DR again after sliding off for a while. I haven't got enough experience being a higher DR than I currently am, but I agree with the general consensus currently. Save for a few bad apples occasionally of course :lol:

I like to think I've got fairly good racecraft, but not necessarily the outright pace, I don't have a lot of time to play, so I tend to jump straight into racing, only qualifying in the entry period rather than spending ages getting the perfect lap, which probably leaves me behind some drivers with slightly slower race pace.

I think as I've moved up on DR, I've found it easier to stay out of trouble, the lower levels are mostly made of drivers who are fast but inconsistent, or consistent but slow, and the former cause most of the trouble as they fall off the road, and then push too hard trying to get back past the latter. As the fast get more consistent, and the consistent get faster, the racing gets better, and generally cleaner.

I'm usually a B/S driver, clean and relatively fast (perpetually so close to DR A, can't get myself doing any better since I just have the DS4 and no wheel), but the matching system is sometimes a disaster for this level for reasons I don't quite get. In one bad race with a few dirty drivers I can be shunted down to B/B, as my close to A DR seems to mean any contact to me initiated by others (such as using me as a brake buffer into corners) or wild driving around me results in my SR falling, and it is then a Herculean task to build back up again even though I try extremely hard to drive as clean as possible, as max SR gains per race are relatively small and I don't have a lot of free time to race. I don't understand why the matching results in this either. For me, the worst races are always B/B though. Most of the time if you aren't able to escape with the faster front group who want to race properly, it becomes a wreckfest that murders SR further, and I'm unwilling to sit behind all of this in order to raise SR because that tumbles my DR down massively.
I do agree with OP, that often lower and slower DR drivers often tend to be genuinely trying to be clean and just happen to be slow, and are more pleasant to race with. But I also agree with the other posters who say the faster classes are better and cleaner too. B/S, if you're upper B, tends to be the messy middle-ground between the two.

This is NOT saying everyone is like this at these levels, so please nobody at any level get offended if you're not like this, but as a very broad trend.....

<25k - they'll hit you due to incompetence (and I'll admit I did that a few times early on in playing the game)

25k-35k - if they're clean they won't hit you, some people will hit you because they're dirty

>35k - they'll hit you because they're REALLY keen to increase their DR

I´m B/S at 27k atm and only runing in FIA races, every race been enjoyable in the last exhibition had 4 wins and one 2nd place has my best results, some incidents in the way thats for shure but races are like that even in RL.

If we talk about dailys it´s a different story and really had bad experiences there cause people just force overtaking in every corner and have zero respect, not all do that but it´s like 50/50 chance that your race will be ruined by someone.
Did one last week and had the same experience so i avoid dailys.

I still didn´t enter rank A but @breeminator anology seems correct after 25k most people have already good pace and awareness all will depend of how people whant to beahave.

Last edited:
Back