Bspec ETA

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lord Vader
  • 21 comments
  • 1,864 views
Messages
19
United Kingdom
Bolton
Messages
djhutchie
Sorry if this is somewhere in a recent thread i missed but is there anything on this yet

I'm one of the few people who play 2% me 98% bspec

i have a spreadsheet in GT5 where i logged the bspec times of 220+ cars across every bspec seasonal event =1320 individual races (not including the cars that didn't get the required lap time to qualify for my test) so i'd put myself in the complete anorak box here ;) (probably done more bpsec car testing than the whole of PD)

The game was a christmas gift so i would have waited otherwise but 3 months in and the game gather dust, shelved until it's released

Anyone?
 
i have a spreadsheet in GT5 where i logged the bspec times of 220+ cars across every bspec seasonal event =1320 individual races (not including the cars that didn't get the required lap time to qualify for my test) so i'd put myself in the complete anorak box here ;) (probably done more bpsec car testing than the whole of PD)

Freak! :sly: .... ( but i do like your style .... dedicated!) hope it will be released soon for you!
 
KAZ seems to have Tunnel VISION, so I wouldn't be holding your breath for any substantial content updates any time soon. What can you realistically expect too see? More of these Fake VISION cars. maybe a track or two, but other then that I highly doubt KAZ will actually deliver on his promises.
 
Sorry if this is somewhere in a recent thread i missed but is there anything on this yet

I'm one of the few people who play 2% me 98% bspec

i have a spreadsheet in GT5 where i logged the bspec times of 220+ cars across every bspec seasonal event =1320 individual races (not including the cars that didn't get the required lap time to qualify for my test) so i'd put myself in the complete anorak box here ;) (probably done more bpsec car testing than the whole of PD)

The game was a christmas gift so i would have waited otherwise but 3 months in and the game gather dust, shelved until it's released

Anyone?
Relative newbie question, what is bspec?
 
I to are looking forward to B-Spec, it is what i used mostly apart from shuffle on GT5.

I have my worries though, as the current races in single player suck and apparantly B-Spec this time around is not its own entity, you simply can change from A-B at any point through a race, if that is the case, i cant see it been much fun this time around, apart for endurance races this would help thats if we ever get them that is.
 
I too am missing B Spec greatly - I didn't particularly enjoy it, but used it to get credits to buy cars for online racing. I would often start a B spec race then take the kids to school and when I got back I had an extra one million credits to buy cars!

I hardly play A spec as without an event creator and with poor AI, it's not very satisfying. Sadly Shuffle racing, which was my favourite form of casual online racing has also been axed.
 
They can leave it out forever if its going to be the same as the GT5 format. The GT4 version was better thought out and far superior.
 
They can leave it out forever if its going to be the same as the GT5 format. The GT4 version was better thought out and far superior.

It's already been said that it will not be like the GT5 format.

It will be like it was in GT4:
I have my worries though, as the current races in single player suck and apparantly B-Spec this time around is not its own entity, you simply can change from A-B at any point through a race, if that is the case, i cant see it been much fun this time around, apart for endurance races this would help thats if we ever get them that is.
 
I dont understand why bring Bspec back??
First im sure you want to drive and not watch... it supposed to be the real driving simulator and not the real watching simulator.
Second, whats the point to bring it at all??? Cuz there are no 24h races
If it was there from start like GT5 then it would work, but now is pointless.
 
I dont understand why bring Bspec back??
First im sure you want to drive and not watch... it supposed to be the real driving simulator and not the real watching simulator.
Second, whats the point to bring it at all??? Cuz there are no 24h races
If it was there from start like GT5 then it would work, but now is pointless.
In my opinion I think they're going to put endurance in the game when they release b spec, since it's going to be like gt4's b spec there would have to be new events for it so for me that means endurance races. I could be wrong but that's what I think :gtpflag:
 
In my opinion I think they're going to put endurance in the game when they release b spec, since it's going to be like gt4's b spec there would have to be new events for it so for me that means endurance races. I could be wrong but that's what I think :gtpflag:
Let's hope you're right. In GT4 you could speed up B-Spec races, which made much more sense than what PD would later adopt for GT5 (yet another instance of GT's devolution).
 
Am I one of the few people who liked the B Spec in GT5? I like having to do all the events again. Having one set of events for both A and B Spec is kinda weird, makes B Spec a form of cheating in someway.
 
Am I one of the few people who liked the B Spec in GT5? I like having to do all the events again. Having one set of events for both A and B Spec is kinda weird, makes B Spec a form of cheating in someway.
It ruins the racing aspect of it to have them completely separate though. Endurance races with no driver changes are a joke. Of course, not a problem in GT6 anyway :/ And cheating how?
 
I made all of my GT5 money doing B-spec and remote racing.

I refuse to race the AI robots, and have a hard time making money online.

They really need to bring back B-spec and remote racing
 
It ruins the racing aspect of it to have them completely separate though. Endurance races with no driver changes are a joke. Of course, not a problem in GT6 anyway :/ And cheating how?
Well, in B Spec the driver does all the work so if they are just unified, you can almost beat the game without driving yourself. Then again races in 6 are restricted by PP i think, so it would be a bit harder but still easier than driving oneself. For me that's "cheating"
 
Well, in B Spec the driver does all the work so if they are just unified, you can almost beat the game without driving yourself. Then again races in 6 are restricted by PP i think, so it would be a bit harder but still easier than driving oneself. For me that's "cheating"

It's not cheating, just another way of playing.
 
I dont understand why bring Bspec back??
First im sure you want to drive and not watch... it supposed to be the real driving simulator and not the real watching simulator.
Second, whats the point to bring it at all??? Cuz there are no 24h races
If it was there from start like GT5 then it would work, but now is pointless.


People with physical disabilities use b-spec as a means to enjoy a motor sport video-game, try thinking outside your little box.
 
I have a large U-shaped desk that allows me to work at my computer on one side and run the PS3 on the other side. I could start a b-spec race and check in on the bobs when each race finishes to restart a new race. This allows my bobs to earn the credits while I'm not able to.

I had used the widget to run the races automatically and could earn 20 mil per day or more. This meant I could buy all the high priced cars without grinding. So by the time I get to the PS3 I can do the racing/driving I want, listening to the sounds of the engines and enjoying the tracks at a more leisurely pace.

I never used to think about logging in every day to keep that extra bonus so I could earn the maximum credits. I would only check on the bobs 1 or two times per week until the weekend rolled around. Then I could relax and enjoy not having to earn the maximum credits to buy my next fix, err, car ;)
 
For me it was an easy way to make money without grinding and it was neat to find other players who would race your Bob's and vice-versa. It isn't cheating because I play career anyway, it's just another segment of the game to explore.

If they added in a business element to B-Spec and expand the scope a little bit, it could become a management program which would create a whole new way to look at racing games.
 
Back