• Thread starter Famine
  • 6 comments

Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
A friend of mine ran into this issue and, on digging, found he wasn't the only one. I thought I'd pass on this information as something to be aware of until the patch arrives:

Hey all. We learned over the past couple days that some of you were getting this tampered profile message.

Here are some facts:

We've repro'ed the bug and have a patch to fix this (and other stuff, such as loading tunes in multiplayer lobbies) in a patch we'll have coming out next week. I think the patch hits on Tuesday, I need to double check.

This bug seems to happen when you're in the storefront and you're viewing and rating items, and then suddenly turn off your box without returning back to your homespace environment (where the cameras pan slowly over the car). So a good way to avoid this issue in the meantime would be to always hit the B button out of the storefront all the way back to the main menu before you turn off your box.

Having your profile tampered means you will have to go into your save games (in your dashboard go to My Xbox/Settings/Memory/Game Saves and delete only the Forza Motorsport 3 save game. Do not delete any of the other saves like liveries, etc. After that, you will need to start a new profile in the game, but you will be able to keep all of your purchased or created livery files and layer groups, as well as photos, replays, etc. Unfortunately, the cars in your garage will be gone.
Again, we will have a fix for this by early next week. If you know anyone that has been hit by this bug, please point them to this message.

Thanks.

Thanks for the that. If I lost my save game now I would be extremely unhappy to say the least.

I think there could be many worse times to lose it Mark. Most people haven't had the game over a week and I haven't even got my copy delivered yet :lol: Just imagine if you lost it in 6 months time with a 200 car collection :eek:

Im at lvl 28 - 950,000cr and around 50-60 cars

If i lost my save i dont actually think i'd start again.........

well maybe i would but i'd be extremely annoyed!

Hopefully this is a just small patch, and wait for a more detailed patch after the game has been released in U.S. & Canada,
that way they can adequately discern the bugs with a full installed base, I'm sure after Tuesday people will be adding new ones to the list.
With such close release dates between the regions, it's maybe better to wait for the patch, than rushing it for Tuesday,
their could be unexpected consciences. I can see Tuesday being a bit messy with installs, LCE, DLC & bug fixes.

:)

I've actually been going back to the main menu to turn the console off since I bought it. Just thought that was the best way.

Back