[BUG] HUGE interior shadows

• Thread starter 550
  • 7 comments

Rio de Janeiro
BloodyCharity
Hello GTP,I've started playing GT6 like 1 month,and among others issues,I noticed something really annoying with some few cars.

My english's bad,so I'll try to explain the best way I can,sorry if it gets confuse.

I usually use cockpit view for driving.

I first noticed that when driving the premium Lancia Delta Integrale. Its interior has so much shadows on it,its almost like driving a standard car. I can barely see its dials and details in any tracks or time of day.

But the problem is even worse when it comes to some standard cars,principally my RUF BTR.

Not in all tracks,but in some of then,the shadows attacks again,like in the Lancia,but,instead to hit just the panels,it hits all the screen,including the windshield. The result is,in some tracks,the screen gets darker,much darker,that I can't really drive. The screen gets almost black at all. It happens only with the cockpit view,so when it happens,I have to change to the bumper view or another one.

Anyone noticed something like this before? And there's some way to fix it?

Found a trick that reduces black crush on all ps3 games ( really makes tomb raider an amazingly better game graphically), see if it helps you guys... Turn deep color OFF on the ps3 under display options; makes a world of difference on my plasma. It's an easy and free possibility for all! My plasma allows for deep color so I am not sure why this works, but all ps3 games have less black crush now FYI ( at least on my Sammy e8000). Hope this helps some!

This helped greatly on dark interiors for me!

Found a trick that reduces black crush on all ps3 games ( really makes tomb raider an amazingly better game graphically), see if it helps you guys... Turn deep color OFF on the ps3 under display options; makes a world of difference on my plasma. It's an easy and free possibility for all! My plasma allows for deep color so I am not sure why this works, but all ps3 games have less black crush now FYI ( at least on my Sammy e8000). Hope this helps some!

This helped greatly on dark interiors for me!

The problem is not 'black crush'. The problem is the game itself: there is no ambient light scatter inside the cockpits in this game. So, in the absence of ambient light scatter in GT6 on the ps3, the game itself should stop shadows going to 100% black. That should be fairly straightforward to implement.

The problem is not 'black crush'. The problem is the game itself: there is no ambient light scatter inside the cockpits in this game. So, in the absence of ambient light scatter in GT6 on the ps3, the game itself should stop shadows going to 100% black. That should be fairly straightforward to implement.

Good explanation,thank you. So I guess there's no way to avoid this,unfortunatelly.

Understood that the lighting model is not sufficient... before I made this change I can tell you that interiors were pitch black and it was hard to see out of windshields; after I changed the "deep color" to off then there was at least some interior detail and better outward visibility through windshields. I guess what I'm trying to say is this is the best solution I could come up with currently, but I do understand the lighting model is inferior on the interiors. The lack of updates to frame rate and dark interiors is quite frustrating to me as well, just trying to optimize what we have...

Between the camera exposure adapting to light, and the lighting being sub-par, it's not a TV related issue or colour issue. Just increase the exposure by a few points under the in-game settings (Can be done via options both during game play and from the menu). It's the best solution i've found, and is easily changed. Some tracks are fine without the EV, and you'll have to change the EV back to normal if you want to be able to see.

Keep in mind it's the game's exposure you're playing with here, not your usual brightness or contrast settings ;)

I will try Punisherofall's method now. Later I'll came with results. Thank you all,guys. 👍

EDIT: Unfortunatelly I could not see any diferences at all. Overall it's a bit brighter,but still bad in few moments when shadows hit then up. :indiff:

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back