Bug? I can't turn while braking

  • Thread starter Thread starter first place
  • 13 comments
  • 18,593 views
Messages
105
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I bought a farrari and I took it for a spin. I noticed it couldn't turn while braking at the same time . That's fine. But now all my cars won't turn while braking.

Is there a way to change this? It was fine before I bought the Ferrari.

I'm sure this is a bug before I don't think I've changed any car settings.

Edit- I fixed it by turning ABS to default. I must have accidentally changed it in the settings, or it's a bug.
If this happens to you try setting the ABS to default.
 
Last edited:
Can you post a vid so we can see it happening.
 
Hmm, turning the wheel doesn't affect the steering at all? It's not related to the brakes locking up?
 
I wouldn't have the slightest clue. But it kills the experience.

I can't post a video cos I have no camera.

But when I brake the steering locks up and now all I do is hit walls.

I really feeling like playing it too. Oh well. I hope they update with a patch if it is a bug.
 
I wouldn't have the slightest clue. But it kills the experience.

I can't post a video cos I have no camera.

But when I brake the steering locks up and now all I do is hit walls.

I really feeling like playing it too. Oh well. I hope they update with a patch if it is a bug.
Do you use ABS?
 
Do you use ABS?
First thing that came to my mind. Did you happen to turn off ABS any time recently?
 
Hard braking even with ABS on "Default" will wash the car wide, and depending on the tyres used, this can be quite drastic. Hard braking going straight, then verrrrrrry light braking when turning (trail braking) is the key, if you're not happy modulating the brakes like this, keep the braking to before you turn.

This assumes its not a bug though. Still could be.
 
Happens to me on occasion too. Definitely seems to be the brakes locking up the wheels sometimes under hard braking, even with ABS turned on.
 
Noticed the same thing on the new Gr3 race, my Huracan was behaving completely different, spinning out on every corner. See the bug thread and the "Cheaters already?" thread, it seems to be a bug where cars change handling model to another car in another class or the game changing the tyres without you knowing.
 
Noticed the same thing on the new Gr3 race, my Huracan was behaving completely different, spinning out on every corner. See the bug thread and the "Cheaters already?" thread, it seems to be a bug where cars change handling model to another car in another class or the game changing the tyres without you knowing.

Thanks, this makes sense. It's a bug then.

I think I fixed it. I set ABS to default. I must have accidentally changed it.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I fixed it. I turned ABS to default and it's okay now, thank god.

I must of changed the settings somehow, or it's a bug.

If this happens to you, just set ABS to default.
 
You have a PS4 though... Double-tap the share button and it records your screen. Double-tap it again and it stops.

Oh wow I didn't know about that! And here I was manually editing down 15min recordings!
 
I had few decades ago same feeling IRL when I was first time on snow ;)
 
Back