Bug report

• Thread starter Barareklam
  • 11 comments
Sweden
Sweden, Gothenburg
Highlanderlast
I wonder how to get in contact with PD and send bug report?
Please test SF19 on Fuji and select COCKPIT VIEW, steer with DualSense on MOTION SENSOR. Video shows fuji, SF19, steering with motion sensor =shaky, same curve, speed, angle, with stick =steady. Please try SF19 on Fuji to see.

Link to video (I don't know how to post video here, sorry)

Last edited by a moderator:
Same to me. Maybe intended feature, maybe error.
People at Sony wont be able to tell (playtation.com in regards to your other thread), people at PD should know about it

I experience same strange shaky steering in corners even with other cars. Can you be so kind please and test if you can? Do you get same error?
If you can find me a PS5 I'd be happy to test it :D

Anyway, since it occurs with other cars as well it could be a problem with the motion sensor itself. Do you have any other games where you can test if the motion sensor works properly?

That's how the gyro works. It's much more obvious in racing cars with quick racks is all.

If you can find me a PS5 I'd be happy to test it :D

Anyway, since it occurs with other cars as well it could be a problem with the motion sensor itself. Do you have any other games where you can test if the motion sensor works properly?
Yes, there is demo on ps5, some Astro play. It works.
That's how the gyro works. It's much more obvious in racing cars with quick racks is all.
Hmm... I really keep it at one angle, I think. So it should not shake and speed in last corner is only 90 km/h. I think it don't shake it speed is lower, but I try to win the race.
I will test it on gt sport and on lower speed and let you guys know.

I will let you know, but I really doubt answer from playstation support that I should reinstall and rebuild database could help me.

I will let you know, but I really doubt answer from playstation support that I should reinstall and rebuild database could help me.
It won't - but that's largely because it's not an actual issue, and therefore they can't help. They also have a pretty limited range of ways to assist and a script that they work through; if there's an issue that they can't actually help with, you'll go down the uninstall/reinstall/rebuild database/restore licences script.

The gyro is constantly hunting for relative location, and that results in the type of movement of the steering wheel and wheel angle dot you're seeing in cockpit camera there - and you can see it in dozens of YouTube videos too.

Even if you are able to hold it perfectly steady in X axis (pitch) and Z axis (roll) while using the Y axis (yaw) to steer, it'll jitter - you can buy mounting brackets that hold the controller still in three dimensions but allow you yaw freedom, and they look quite like steering wheels :lol:

The jitter probably won't affect actual steering angle though, as it's just too rapid for the damped controller steering response to react.

It won't - but that's largely because it's not an actual issue, and therefore they can't help. They also have a pretty limited range of ways to assist and a script that they work through; if there's an issue that they can't actually help with, you'll go down the uninstall/reinstall/rebuild database/restore licences script.

The gyro is constantly hunting for relative location, and that results in the type of movement of the steering wheel and wheel angle dot you're seeing in cockpit camera there - and you can see it in dozens of YouTube videos too.

Even if you are able to hold it perfectly steady in X axis (pitch) and Z axis (roll) while using the Y axis (yaw) to steer, it'll jitter - you can buy mounting brackets that hold the controller still in three dimensions but allow you yaw freedom, and they look quite like steering wheels :lol:

The jitter probably won't affect actual steering angle though, as it's just too rapid for the damped controller steering response to react.
Hmm... I hear what you are saying and there is logic in it.

However, I just tested game Driveclub, if you are familiar with that one, and there were no problems whatsoever with motion sensor steering. Slow corners, fast ones, works like a charm. Which draws conclusion that it's nothing wrong with my ps or controller itself.

( I thought to test GT Sport too but realised that I don't have it installed right now and must remove some game in order to install it. Maybe I do it just to go to bottom with this issue).
@Meythia confirmed same problems, which once again tells me, reinstalling every thing will not help me.

Driveclub
Yeah, that's a PS4 game which you're driving with a PS5 controller - one thing or the other is being emulated, likely the PS4 game being emulated on the PS5. It's not a like-for-like test, and in any case it won't have the same controller implementation.

Really the only way to confirm it's a bug or an issue with your equipment is to test it out in identical circumstances - GT7, PS5, the track/car combo suggested - but on a different console and with a different controller. If nobody else experiences the same thing, it's an issue with your equipment. If some people experience the same thing but most don't, it's a bug. If everyone else experiences the same thing, it's a bug or normal operation.

Then you'd test similar circumstances - GT7, PS5, a different track/car combo. If you still experience the same thing, it's normal operation.

There's dozens of YouTube videos showing the same thing, from launch. Which makes it look like normal operation.

Yeah, that's a PS4 game which you're driving with a PS5 controller - one thing or the other is being emulated, likely the PS4 game being emulated on the PS5. It's not a like-for-like test, and in any case it won't have the same controller implementation.

Really the only way to confirm it's a bug or an issue with your equipment is to test it out in identical circumstances - GT7, PS5, the track/car combo suggested - but on a different console and with a different controller. If nobody else experiences the same thing, it's an issue with your equipment. If some people experience the same thing but most don't, it's a bug. If everyone else experiences the same thing, it's a bug or normal operation.

Then you'd test similar circumstances - GT7, PS5, a different track/car combo. If you still experience the same thing, it's normal operation.

There's dozens of YouTube videos showing the same thing, from launch. Which makes it look like normal operation.
I was hoping for help from people on forum to test it and answer here. So far I got only one answer and game behave just like on my ps5 and my controller.
I didn't got any answers yet that it does not. Could you please be so kind and test it and reply what happens on your ps5 and controller.

Back