Bug - Winter map unlocked by accident!?

• Thread starter breyzipp
  • 7 comments
Belgium
Lokeren
breyzipp
breyzipp
After joining a friend to switch from offline to online again I got a loading screen (like joining a friends game in FH3). And I ended up with a winter map! But the events were still summer.

Enjoy some wicked screenshots.

PS - I didn’t really play it since I didn’t want to spoil it yet.

DA1C597E-F940-467E-8D2D-F44580CC4A99.jpeg
0D423FD3-65FC-4CF1-AD55-9BA2E62DA66D.jpeg
F9463B1F-EBDA-40F3-9B9A-A3323AFCD7B4.jpeg
519C85E1-7116-44F6-BA79-7470DB7E4927.jpeg

3 more pics, Forzathon in winter. Everything works fine, except none of the other 20 players in my game seem to join Forzathon. But for the rest, loading maps are taken in winter now and even the radio DJs speak about winter.

277DCDAD-4143-42ED-93F3-457EA9A173C1.jpeg
5B74E4D1-2222-4C7B-80F5-8B111036968A.jpeg
B0DFCAEE-543B-4EFC-B614-B5E02262E8EE.jpeg

Edit - I restarted the game and it went back to summer now, as expected.

Last edited:
It must be a totally random glitch, I suppose. I had the exact same situation earlier today with winter, and had to do forzathon by myself. (I just quit after completing the first event)

By any chance was your friend still in the prologue section? I joined a friend who was still in winter from the prologue and it loaded me in to the winter map with him, I presume that's not a bug but just keeping things equal, else he could drive over the lake and I would have had to drive around it. That may also explain why none of the other members join the Forzathon events as they wouldn't have unlocked them yet.

I've seen a couple of other people mention this today. Maybe someone pressed the wrong button on the big "SEASONZ" panel at Playground HQ for a few minutes?

By any chance was your friend still in the prologue section? I joined a friend who was still in winter from the prologue and it loaded me in to the winter map with him, I presume that's not a bug but just keeping things equal, else he could drive over the lake and I would have had to drive around it. That may also explain why none of the other members join the Forzathon events as they wouldn't have unlocked them yet.
I had joined someone's convoy by accident, which brings me to point out they might have made that too easy, it isn't the first time I've accidentally joined a convoy.

I had joined someone's convoy by accident, which brings me to point out they might have made that too easy, it isn't the first time I've accidentally joined a convoy.

I can understand that, I've had friends join my convoy accidentally so many times already. When you select to find online session the default option is to join a friends convoy rather than finding your own new session.

I didn't think about that but hey, that might absolutely be the case! But still it's so weird. I hope they fix it, maybe by not allowing you to join a friend that is still in the prologue if you are already finished with it. I don't remember what this "friend" was doing at the time though, it's certainly not a real life friend, just a random on my friends list.

Back